Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Casualties

1. Remember when I told you that I had found a new hobby in knitting? Well, I finally finished the baby boy blanket I was making for my friend . . . . a mere 7 months later. It was supposed to be a simple square blanket . . . . . .

This is how it turned out.

I don't even know what to say . . . except Oops! And just look at the gaping hole at the top right.

Apparently I don't know how to count. I guess there is some sort of pattern you are supposed to follow? Whatever.

Let me know if you know anyone who is having a really LONG and SKINNY baby boy who would like a sorry excuse for a hand knitted blanket . . . . .

or perhaps you might know someone who could use a new winter shawl?

Or maybe a skirt?

The possibilities are endless!

I think I'll go right ahead and take knitting off my mediocre list and add it to the of "things I suck at" list. (In all honesty, I laughed so hard I actually cried when I saw the finished product. I am just not meant to be a knitter)!

2. An unfortunate wrist fracture. It is really putting a damper on our summer days at the pool. She hates it. Luckily, it comes off tomorrow.


3. I tried my best, but these poor beauties are on their last leg. All dried out. Blasted TC heat and wind. It will get you every time. Oh well, they were gorgeous while they lasted.

4. My very first pair of stilettos. It was well worth the $ I spent, because I have worn them religiously for the last 3 years. They have been with me through thick and thin (literally). I LOVED them, and I am sad to say that the soles are almost worn down to the point of no wearing. I put them to rest the other day. It was so awful to see them go . . . .


. . . . . but I was able to heal the pain in my heart. . . . . . . for I ordered myself the most GORGEOUS pair of black crocodile patent leather 4 inchers to replace them. They are magical. Seriously . . . . when I put them on . . . . I automatically turn into a sexy beast.


Stay tuned for all the things that are going glorious this summer!

9 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Ouch, ouch and OUCH! My knees hurt just looking at those killer shoes Libbie. No talent you say? In my opinion anyone who can wear four inch heels like that, and not twist an ankle or break a leg, has got talent to spare.
I had to chuckle at your baby blanket. Don't be too hard on yourself though. I'm pretty sure that 9 out of 10 people would end up with the same blanket.
I know I would!

beachwoman360 said...

That is a LOVELY blanket!! And those shoes....I can never allow myself to have a pair like that...who knows what could happen?

Missy said...

I could never wear shoes like those. I would break my ankle.

I tried my hand at knitting too. I gave up.

Be thankful your hanging basket still has flowers on them. Mine hasn't had any flowers since about a week after I brought it home. Apparently, it wasn't meant to be.

The Dean Family said...

L-O-V-E the new shoes! and that blanket is so funny!! you really could use it for so many things:) hey i give you credit for trying..it's way better than what i could do:)

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I know what you mean about "sexy beast" shoes - those are awesome! I'll be posting pictures of my latest ones soon.
I have a long skinny baby boy, but he's got plenty of blankets. I'd hand that over to the girls and let them play with it. It was a worthy effort!

Lisa Christine said...

I really like your blanket as a shawl. Just think of it as a baby blanket repourposed.

And how did we not know that Edyn had broke her wrist? Apparently we have been away way too long!

Love the shoes. And I agree with Susan, wearing those shows more talent than I'll ever have!

We miss you guys. Let's get together and do something soon. And I mean, SOON!

Kristen said...

I was thinking if I convert to Judaism I could use your blanket as a headcovering for the Sabbath.

Love, love, love the shoes!!

Amy said...

I can't tell you of the joy and laughter your comments about your "shawl" brougt me! So funny!

I am in love with your new shoes. May they bring you many years of happiness.

Mary Perkins said...

Love the new shoes Libby - sorry to see the cast though. Poor baby!