Saturday, December 15, 2007
Yes . . . The BIG 30! I used to think thirty was old. I sure don't anymore, because I don't feel old. Probably because I am still so immature! Maybe by forty I will have grown up a bit. No promises though.
Today was a great day. I had a very romantic day working at the studio with Tara, who got me the cutest bracelet (from Nicole also, Thanks, I love you girls!). And of course Tara treated me to lunch at Brucchis. How can you go wrong there?
Damon and my girls had a surprise party planned for me at Damon's studio.(As we are still homeless!)See the picture card at the top. That had to have taken Damon a LONG TIME! See previous post about Crazy Ava and having her pictures taken! They had the place all decorated, pink of course, with a nice dinner and cake Edyn picked out. My babies were so excited that they played such a huge role in helping daddy plan my very special party. Then we went to a movie. I loved every minute of it. It was PERFECT! Thank you Daddy!
So it seems that the thing to do is tell 30 things about yourself on your thirtieth birthday. I will go ahead and jump on that wagon and share with you all a little more about ME! Some facts, flaws, dreams, confessions, etc! I hope you don't get to bored!
1. I was nearly born on the sidewalk. My dad took my mom to the wrong door a the hospital. It was about five in the morning. My mom laid down on the sidewalk, ready to give birth right there. Luckily, they go her inside, and I was already coming out.
2. I was a tow head when I was little. Now you know where Ava gets it!
3. I peed my bed til I was about 8. I broke the habit when my grandma promised to buy me new bedding if I stopped. It worked. I wish she would have made me that offer a little earlier! It would have saved me some embarrassment!
4. I have had braces TWICE! And the second time I was 27 years old. My mouth is worth a fortune, as I have a tooth implant where I just happened to be missing a very important front tooth . . . about $7000 dollars later, I got one! And it looks dang good if you ask me! (PS. . . I paid for every cent of it myself (no dental insurance), with my hard earned money from Realife Photo!)
5. I LOVE Ellen Degeneres . . . not in a Lesbian sort of way, seeing as how I am not a lesbian, but I think she is one of the funniest people on the planet.
6. I DO NOT LOVE being in the spotlight. They always say that the more you do things in front of people, the easier it gets . . . WRONG AGAIN! Not in my case. I cannot tell you how many times I have sung, played piano, given speeches, had to answer questions . . . . It gets worse for me every time I do it. I feel like I am going to have a heart attack. I avoid it like the plague.
7. I have degree in Social Work. And when my kids are all in School, I plan on getting a Masters in Education.
8. If there were do-overs in life, I would do so many things over. (that is a whole other blog) I wish so bad that I wouldn't have thought I was too cool to play an instrument in middle and high school. If I could go back, I would have played the Cello. I would love to be in a symphony.
9. I love loose change. We call it "gray money" around here. I try to follow the 10 commandments, but that "though shalt not steal" one really gets me every time I am around loose change. I take it out of Damon's car all the time and put it in my own special change jar. You should all hide your spare change if I am around. I can't make any promises that I won't take it and use it for my own selfish desires!
10. I am Compassionate Service Leader at Church . . . yet . . . I am the LEAST compassionate person I know. I think that I am supposed to learn something from this, and obviously haven't learned it yet . . . because I just can't seem to get myself released!
11. When I was 16, I let me friend who didn't have a license drive my brand new 4 door Geo Metro . . Blue of course, from the gas pump up to the building to pay . . . all of 100 feet . . . And she ran that beautiful piece of machinery right up over the curb and into the building. It caused about $2500 worth of damage. We split the price and had to work our whole Junior Year to pay my dad off. That sad thing is, is two months later, I totaled the same car. Dang. My dad still made us pay!
12. I have no rhythm. I can't dance. I used to TRY to fake it in high school and college, but now I have come clean, so no one has to suffer anymore!
13. I never wanted kids, because I grew up in such a huge family, and I was basically changing diapers and watching kids from the time I was about 5. I knew how much work it was and I just didn't want any part of it. Everyone told me it would be different if they were my own. I didn't believe it. But I do now. Having kids has made me a better person.
14. I have had my heart broken once, it took me years to get over.
15. I hate traveling.
16. I am deathly afraid of the ocean, yet I lived in Hawaii for 3 years. Weird!
17. I LOVE talk radio. I listen to it all the time. It drives my kids crazy.
18. I was training for a half marathon when I got pregnant this time, and after that, I was going to continue on and do a full marathon. I had to quit training, but once I have this little girl, I am lacing up those shoes and getting myself ready. I can't wait to conquer 26.2! It get excited just thinking about it!
19. Pretty soon I will be packing heat . . as I will be applying for a concealed weapons permit on Monday! That also gets me excited when I think about it.
20. I grew up on a farm and my favorite animal is a cow. I think they are so cute, those huge eyes and long eyelashes . . . . and they are so gentle.
21. I never rode a roller coaster until I was 28. I am not real fond of rides, as they make me want to vomit. I would hate for that to happen all over people. I managed to hold it in and somewhat enjoy the ride!
22. I went skydiving once, and had a complete blast, but I would never do it again.
23. I SWORE I would never marry Damon. I am so glad I did. He is s a great husband and he can really put up with a lot of things I throw at him on a daily basis! Poor guy. He is such a trooper.
24. I am NOT concerned with what others think of me.
25. I speak my mind WAY too often. I really should learn to keep my mouth shut!
26. I work way too much, and I need to knock that off. My family is way more important than extra money.
27. I clean too much. Just a little OCD over here.
28. I swear too much.
29. I eat too much.
30. It took me a long time to really like myself. But I can honestly say that I do now! Too bad it took me so long to figure this one out. I am an imperfect woman. . . .. But trying hard every day (okay, some days I don't really try that hard) to become better. I have a great life. I am so blessed. Hopefully my next thirty years will be as great, or even better than the first thirty! Its all up to me and the choices I make :).