Sunday, August 30, 2009

Caved

Thats right . . . . I caved . . . big time. After managing to escape the Fair last year, Mamie suckered into going this year. She claimed that it would be so much more fun with me there. Apparently she likes germa-phobes and has a really warped idea of what fun really is.

You all know how much I love dirt and germs and stuff like that . . . so it should be no surprise as to why I didn't want to go. But I thought . . . What the heck . . . I have nothing else to do. Why not go blow a hundred bucks, eat as many calories in 4 hours as I usually eat in four days, get dizzy just watching the rides, and sweat so much I stink worse than the cow barn?



I am happy to report . . . . that I actually had a GREAT TIME. Note to self. Go on Thursday. Not kids day (Wednesday), not the weekend, but THURSDAY. It was so pleasant. No huge crowds. Hardly any lines for the rides either. My kids were amazingly good, which earned them plenty of rides, cotton candy, and elephant ear. They had a blast, and for once in my life, I was a great sport about something . . . . . I know . . . . Surprise Surprise. It also boosted my self esteem just a little to know that I was creating fun memories for my kids. I love them. They are worth it. So worth it. And I might even take them next year, if we can find a job before then, as we are now unemployed.

7 comments:

StaceyOstler said...

Looks like fun. We went to the Demolition Derby this year for our fair experience. The kids had alot of fun!

Did I miss something? What is the unemployeed comment all about?

Amberly said...

You are a good mom. I do not like the fair even one little bit. I couldn't do it unless there was a guarantee of blue bubble gum ice cream (without bubble gum chunks). Blue bubble gum ice cream and I am there. Until the ice cream is gone and then so am I.

Amy said...

You are so funny, have I ever said that? We have a big fair here in April and Thursday is our day too. We always go before the crowds get there and that, in my opinion, is the only way to go.

So glad you had fun.

Heidi D said...

So many fond memories of the fair. :) Most of them are from middle school, but still good.

Glad you had a fun time too.

SuzanSayz said...

The Fair used to be such a big deal around here. Donald has made it a necessary summer outing for his family. If Heidi lived here I know that she would too. Courtney and her boyfriend went too. I don't even know how many times my naughty children went the cheap route, by being twelve.

Lesley said...

Way to go Libbie. I am with you though, not a huge fair fan. Sounds and looks like you had a good time anyway!! Loved all the pictures. Your girls are growing up! WOW!

Lisa Christine said...

You look smokin' in that hat.