Saturday, June 20, 2009

Success


HEAD . . . . .


....... successfully pulled out.

As you all know, I am mediocre at most things, but one thing I totally excel at is feeling sorry for myself, complaining, and being a straight up witch.  After a severe scolding of my own self, LOTS of exercise (what keeps me sane) and realizing being happy is 100% MY RESPONSIBILITY, I think it is safe to say that I am back to my old self.  PHREW!
 (Thank goodness . . . or all that money I spent on therapy years ago would have been a total waste).

I have also been focusing on some VERY important things, LIKE . . . . .

*Playing with my kids.  We are having a delightful summer. Swimming, watching movies, going to the park, hangin' out with cousins, anxiously awaiting the Saunder's arrival (hurry up). I am beginning to love Summer more than I love Fall . . . and I LOVE fall, so thats saying a lot.

We picked cherries tonight at my parents orchard.  Let me know if you wants some, cause there's still TONS.  


*speaking of movies . . . . Mastering "Live Long and Prosper," NOT and easy task.  FYI . . . I make fun of Trekies (sorry Tanisha), but I saw Star Trek, and I cannot believe how much I LOVED it. Who KNEW??  I may give Transformers a shot!  


*Voice lessons . . . . . simply because I don't want to be mediocre anymore.  


*Running . . . for reals this time . . . . except not on the beach . . . . (dang), but at the gym.... on the treadmill . . . and soon around my town, when I won't actually pass out after three miles and embarrass myself.  Like I said, exercise is my medication.  As I am now unemployed (Hallelujah), I have time to do this.  I did a total of 12 miles this week, and it makes me HAPPY!!!!  As a matter of fact, My sisters and perhaps a couple of my brothers are going to be running half marathon in September, so I am going to enjoy the next three months training for that.  Wish me luck.  This outta shape crazy mama is gonna need it.


I will do the best I can to keep my head out.  I can almost guarantee that at some point I will be in another crazy funk.  I guess thats just part of life.  But at least now I know that I am not alone, that I am human, and that I am striving to BE and DO better.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

In the event that you ever want to run on an actual beach, I have access to several.

And I'd like some cherries.

Also, I had no idea your brain was so large.

SuzanSayz said...

I have always loved Star Trek. Back during the days of the original series, my dad and I would watch it together every week. None of my sisters ever showed any interest but for me it was pure cat nip. I loved all kinds of fantasy when I was little. I think that I had such a huge imagination that boring old reality was just not enough for me.
Hey if you send any cheeries Donald and Lisa's way tell them that some are ment for me ;>

The Dean Family said...

those cherries look SO YUMMY!!!...i want some!!! i can relate with you on the whole clean house thing...sometimes it gets done...sometimes it doesn't..that's just how it goes around my house..ha!ha!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh what a wonderful post! Except for the picture....which scared the heebee jeebee's outta me! ha!

Glad that your summer is going so well :) Thanks for all your help with my girls during the past week. You are a LIFESAVER!

Kim said...

Melanie was over last night. I was going through the blogs I read. She read this post and laughed out loud. She loved the one wear you are pulling your hair too. We think you're pretty darn funny.
Love you Lib!

Erika said...

Rainier cherries are $5.99 a pound out here and I am totally jealous you get them for free!

We are counting down the days till we see you guys too! Any chance you can skip your family reunion so I don't have to go to Seattle and we can just stay with you for 2 weeks?