Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Lovin'


Sun

Planting my first garden. Isn't she cute?


Watermelon is my second favorite food (next to avocados). I spend gobs of $ every summer on this ball of deliciousness, and all of it goes into my belly.  It is safe to say that I can polish off a whole (seedless of course) watermelon by myself in one sitting.  If you don't believe me, fine.  But I speak the truth, and I challenge you to a watermelon eating dual (I will win, no one stands a chance).

Naked babies eating McDonalds ice cream.  Another of my favorite summer (actually any season will work) treats. 

Friends with pools . . . I wish I had something to offer them, besides my sparkling personality and an occasional glimpse of my hot body. 

Pool Hair

Wedgies

Scooter Riding

(you're welcome....... for shaving my pits today).

Backyard daddy/daughter soccer.  It usually includes an amazing fit thrown by Ava. 

My Gorgeous Girls . . . . .(no, i didn't plant these, but its a chore keeping them this gorgeous, so i will give myself credit, where credit is due).

Not pictured: my filthy, neglected house (too busy swimming), walks around the loop, my non-bikini body (still working on that), going to bed late, sleeping in, and being plain lazy. 

I love you Summer.

16 comments:

Brooke said...

I wish I loved summer as much as I love spring and fall... but, I am grateful for parents with pools when visiting the hot, dry Tri-Cities.

Hmm... jealous of your garden, love your necklace, and wondering about your trampoline. We keep going back and forth about getting one, do your girls love it?

The Dean Family said...

you must love summer over there!! love all the photos..enjoy the next few months:)

Dana and ohana said...

I WISH we were having summer right now too. Eight more days! oh, and I will take you up on the melon contest!

Heidi D said...

Great post! I'm looking forward to summer too.

elements: overexposed said...

OH how I love summer!!! Although, I think I love tri-cities summers more than ours, they just aren't long enough! Who cares about the house when you are having so much f-u-n!

Kim said...

Summer Lovin? Will I have a blast?

Maybe with a nanny.

Just kidding. It will be fun.
I'm going to slave drive my kiddos, and have some fun too. I'm sure there will be lots of complaining.

David said...

you win. i won't even challenge you at watermelon.

SuzanSayz said...

As with so many "new" thing, I don't care much for the small, individual, seedless watermelons. I just don't think they have as much flavor, but a nice big juicy regular watermelon, well I'm pretty sure I could eat the whole thing in one day.
I had to laugh at the "wedgie" picture. It's so true! and funny

linda said...

yummmmmmm......watermelon. i do believe that is one of my favorite things about summer.....

ROXY MARJ said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE summer wedgies!!! :[) AND your blonde babies are to DIE for!!! :))

Lisa Christine said...

One of your finest posts ever! What great photos! Love the one of Ava's 'cheek'!

Mary Perkins said...

I think your garden is great! Speaking from experience in the garden department - you will absolutely love it and so will your girls. Glad to hear you guys are having such a nice summer!

ArizonaLewis said...

so jealous of your garden. in phoenix, we're really good at growing rocks.
and- i just have to say- don't give into to planting zuchini. i know they grow really well there but at the end of the day, they're still the worst vegetable on the planet. the worst.

Lesley said...

Libbie, good job with the garden! It looks great! I, too love Kennewick summers!!! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun!

Erika said...

I love your pots. I do love that you take extra special care of them, watering them twice a day!

Can't wait to see you!

Teri said...

Some of the garden surplus would be great! :)