Monday, December 15, 2008

My Happy Birthday

Today I turned 31. In honor of my birthday I actually took a shower, put jeans on, AND I am wearing my best belt.

This is also my 100th post. I didn't plan this very special 100th post to come on such a blessed day. I just happened. And its only taken me 2 years to get here. Maybe some more exciting things will happen in my life, so I can get to my 200th post before 2011. Who knows.

I must admit. I used to get so excited for my birthdays when I was little. Who didn't? I was even so excited all the way up to college, and then I started getting older and older, and for some reason it just wasn't as exciting anymore. Maybe its because as I get older and older, I get more and more boring?

A few years ago, Damon decided that birthdays were going to be very special occasions in our house. If he can, he takes birthdays off work. Some people think it is ridiculous that he would do such a thing. I think it is very noble. My husband loves me, and he loves our precious babies so much. It makes me so happy that he would want to stay home to celebrate and pamper me, and my girls on our birthdays. Because he does this, I can honestly say that once again I am excited for my birthdays. He always has something fun planned and makes my birthday so special. I hope that the men my little girls marry someday, will treat them as well as Damon treats me.

My 31st birthday festivities began at about 11am when I finally rolled out of bed. IT does seem a little weird to be waking up that late, after all, I am not a teenager anymore and I think sleeping in that late is absolutely absurd, but I did stay up til 4am. So it was much needed. Don't judge me.

We went and got a couples massage. It was awesome (Thanks Stacey. We finally cashed it in after a year! You're the best)! Susan babysat our kids, decorated the house, and made my absolute fave dessert of the year, the lemon blueberry trifle. (this time I took a picture, although I did have my way with said trifle before I took the picture. poor planning on my part). I LOVE SUSAN.

And instead of spending gobs of money at Outback, which would have been my restaurant of choice, I chose to spend $20 on Costco Steak and have Flamers BBQ it for me in the 18 degree weather. HOW RUDE of me. But he totally did it! I love him.

I scored a gorgeous new guitar. She is so shiny and I am just delighted to welcome her into our family. I will now try to remember how to play. It has been WAY too long. My friend is going to give me some lessons and I can't wait.


Damon serenading me with a very appropriate "Wild Thing"

Erika (I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU) got me what I have needed for like 10 years but never could bring myself to buy. A wheat grinder. I don't have many passions in life, but one of them is food storage. You should know that I have so much food storage and I just keep getting more. The problem is, I don't know how to use it, so if something were to happen, I am sure we would get sick of boiled wheat for breakfast lunch and dinner. BUT . . . soon I will know how to make bread and I can even grind my own wheat. I will be just like the little red hen. (Thank you in advance Linda).

Since it is my birthday, and my 100th post, I will go ahead a share with you 31 very important and fascinating things about ME. They will be different then the amazing facts I shared with you on my 30th birthday, which could be hard, because there really isn't that much to me. Here goes:

1. Salmon is my favorite food. And these days, avocados come in a close second.

2. Burned out light bulbs drive me crazy.

3. I don't know why I like torture, but I chose to start eating healthy and losing weight in December. Why? I'll never know, but its working. I lost three pounds last week. I'm not bragging. I'm just proud of myself.

4. I can't stand liars.

5. I can't stand fake people.

6. I am always about a year to year and a half behind in the fashion world.

7. I don't discriminate. I feel just as comfortable in Walmart clothes as I do in designer clothes. I'll wear anything, but as you know, I prefer sweats.

8. I have a horrible time falling asleep most nights. Probably because my brain feels this is the time to think. Some nights I take Melatonin to help me get to sleep. The only problem with that is it makes me have crazy dreams that usually include Rush Limbaugh with no clothes on. (I have got to find a better way to get to sleep).

9. In the winter, I only shave my legs on Sunday. Again . . . . . don't judge me. I just found out I'm not the only one.

10. Damon thinks I have a really nice rack. I agree.

11. I am still deathly afraid of the ocean.

12. I still hate traveling, but sometimes I do it for the team.

13. I photoshop all my zits out of pictures before I post them on my blog. What? You thought I just had naturally flawless skin?

14. I LOVE my brother and sisters. My parents aren't too shabby either.

15. I LOVE my friends.

16. I am a horrible oral communicator. I do much better writing out how I think and feel.

17. I am going to get in a swimsuit this summer and look GOOD, even if I have to pay for lypo. Believe it.

18. I still need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

19. I am not done having babies, although I swore I was. I cannot and should not be held accountable for anything I say during pregnancy and approximately 9 months after.

20. I LOVE Colorado (not only because its beautiful, but because Josh and Erika live there) and if we ever move, it will be there.

21. I DID NOT like Twilight movie. I thought it was horrible acting and extremely cheesy. Some have given me grief because of this, so I will say something positive now: I think they did a good job of condensing the book into what little time they had. But still . . . . . . .

22. I DO like High School Musical series. The first one is my favorite. I know this might be shocking, but I even choked up a little at the end of the third one. Do they really have to graduate?

23. I still hate the spotlight. I get nervous diarrhea cramping at the thought of having to be in front of a large group.

24. My favorite color is black. Is that a color?

25. It is safe to say that I will NEVER wear a pair of "skinny" jeans. My thighs would never forgive me for exposing them to the world like that. I would just be too humiliating.

26. It really bothers me that they don't sell pink guns. I mean, COME ON. Lots of chicks are into shooting. Its definitely something to think about.

27. I am such a night person. I can stay up all night, which I actually do more than I would like. I surprise myself with how little sleep I can go on, although I am sure I am not very pleasant to be around the next day.

28. I need a vacation.

29. I don't swear quite as much as I did last year.

30. I won't eat food at any potluck unless I know where it comes from (who made it). If they live in a dirty house(especially their kitchen) and I know for a fact that they don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom or pick their nose, you better believe I WILL NOT be eating their grub. Call me snobbish . . . . I call me smart.

31. What you see (read) is what you get. This is the real me.

Thanks Flamers for another awesome birthday. And thanks to all you friends and family for all your birthday wishes. I am so blessed to have you all in my life.

And with these 31 fascinating things about me I am sure all of your lives are now more complete! Now . . . . . . I've got to go and play with my shiny new geeee-tar. PEACE OUT.

27 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

First!

(OK...I had to type that...now I'll actually go read the post!)

Lisa Christine said...

Interesting fact:

My favorite food would be avacados.

My least favorite food would be Salmon.

Great post. Every bit as entertaining as last years.

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

Happy Birthday Libbie! Your 31 Libbie-isms are right on the money. Glad you had such a great day. I can't wait to see what you can do on your new music machine...the gee-tar!

libbie said...

Oh, mommy. What I do for you is nothing compared to what you do for me. Life is good with you...it couldn't be without you...

libbie said...

uh, that last one was from me of course!

-daddy

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Aaron found a pink rifle he wants to get Laurel someday. You interested in one of those?

MSB said...

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday again... I love having reconnected with you after so long... and after having known you since we were 5!

If you want salmon, you should call my dad... seriously, they have a freezer full!

Arbon Family said...

OK-First- HAPPY B-Day! I have not blogged forever and decided to look at a few, and am so glad I looked at yours! I WAS LAUGHING BY MYSELF OUT LOUD! I needed a laugh and thanks to you- I had one! Glad you had a great B-day!!!

Heidi D said...

Happy birthday! You share the same birthday as my uncle Mike.

We celebrate birthdays big time here too. I put together elaborately themed parties for the girls. I usually go out to dinner and a movie for mine.

They do sell pink guns! I saw a pink riffle given as a gift. They are probably sold mostly in the south though, more demand.

My Three Sons said...

It sounds like your birthday was wonderful! I also hope you got my messages! We'll have to get together soon....

libbie said...

a pink hand gun more specifically! I have heard about the pink rifles. I'll get me one of those someday soon!

Nancie said...

i loved this post. and i want your belt-trying to be just a little cowgirl like me?
I learned so much. love ya happy b-day.

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday, Libbie! I'm glad it was a good one and Damon spoiled you rotten. He is SUCH A GREAT GUY! You are definitely one lucky lady. Loved the list, too, and you are right that you're not the only one who shaves once a week in the winter. If I end up skipping church for some reason, it's two weeks for me, and it is one scary sight.

Mary Perkins said...

Happy Birthday Libbie! Sounds like you had a fabulous day and I love that you guys make birthdays so important. It was the day you came into this world for goodness sakes. :) What would we do without you ;).

Dana and ohana said...

happy day of your birth!

StaceyOstler said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you finally used your massages. Oh how I could use a day like that.

Loved the 31 things about yourself. Very informative and funny :)

laura said...

Ohh, Happy Birthday!! I really did think about you yesterday- just never did anything about it. I love your list. My favorite kind of people are honest, "what you see is what you get"- and that's why you are one of my favorites.
Oh, I laughed about the "nice rack". What woman with 3 kiddos can say that. Impressive

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Okay, I love Salmon too. Try this recipe it's my favorite. Get Salmon from costco, and buy some Ver Veri Teriyaki Sauce, it's in about a 14 oz glass bottle with a white and blue label. I usually find it with the asian foods. Put it and the Salmon in plastic bag for 30 min or all day. Broil in oven 7 min each side. (when you flip it add more marinade from bag) and viola the most delicious easy recipe. LOVE IT!

It looked like a great birthday! (and you must teach me how to use photoshop, that would be excellent.)

Amy said...

Libbie, I can't tell you enough how much joy your blog brings into my life! I love the thoughts that you share with the bloging world.

Thank you for making my day brighter.:)

And Happy birthday!

The Yancey Family said...

Happy Late Bday, Sis! Although I called you on your birthday, so I can't be punished for commenting late! So, what are you going to name your new little friend!? I vote for Sheila!

I am disappointed that you didn't put anything about your feisty fighting skills on your list! But I did enjoy all the rest!
Love you!

SuzanSayz said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday Libbie. BTW just so you know. I used to do the shaved legs only for Sunday in winter too. Then I realized that that was even too fanatical. Now I shave them only when they start to bother me and to get away with it, I wear black or brown tights every Sunday. Nice and thick ones. I buy the George brand ones at Walmart. They are better than the ones at Target or really anywhere else. I don't have to worry if I didn't get to the shaving, plus my legs are so much warmer.
Now how did I read and enjoy that whole post and the leg shaving was the only thing that I could come up with. Oh well, more happy birthday wishes for you!

yennu said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Libbie. Playing the guitar again is on my someday list. You're way ahead of me. We're coming to town in sometime in Jan. to move our stuff, but the weather is slowing the house down =0( I'll call and we must have a Burger King play date!!

Bryn and Blaine said...

I can't believe how many things you said about yourself that I agree with totally. Know wonder I like you so much. Well, Happy 31. Hopefully I will see you tomorrow night at Bunco. This weather is great but weird. I love White Christmas's.
Bryn

kthom said...

Are you kidding me...couple's massage...you've got it good my lady. I too enjoy celebrating my own birthday...the 30s are where it's at! Happy B-day to YOU!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I hope you had a great birthday. It sure sounds like it. Your such a FUN person to be around....Feb. is coming up, maybe time for another V-day couples bunco. You up for it

JoAnna Anderson said...

Happy Bday Libbie. I'm so glad you keep it real-especially after 3 kids & 31 years of LIFE! You'll need to post a little performance with your new best friend the gee-tar when you are all practiced up.

Laura said...

YOu thrill me with your honesty and make me laugh really hard..out loud..while I am alone...redaing your post..thats what I love about you, YOU ARE REAL! Thats my favorite kind of person!!!