Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lila Lynn

She is here . . . . even though we had to force her out! Lila arrived Sunday, March 2nd at 8:20pm.




I'll give you all the juicy details now. If you want to bypass them and look at the pictures feel free. I won't ever know! Here it goes . . . . .

I had my Dr. appointment on the 27th and I was pretty darn near tears because I am a huge baby, and this whole pregnancy has been really hard on me. So he scheduled me to be induced on Late Thursday night, the 28th of Feb., which meant I would have her on Leap year. I was not real thrilled with having a leap year baby, but I was so miserable, that I decided I would take one for the team and go ahead and have her. So we got all prepared, bags packed, and were ready to go in Thursday night, when the hospital called and said that they didn't have any beds available. They said they would call me when one opened up on Friday. No big deal. Now for sure I wouldn't have her on leap year!

So Friday comes and all day long I am waiting for a call and never receive one. This is when I start to get upset. I want this baby out! NOW! So I finally called at about 7pm and they said that my doctor wasn't going to be able to deliver me this weekend! ROAR! The beast in me came out! Not much I could do though, so I just had myself all geared up for another week of pregnancy.

Sunday morning at 8am on the dot, the hospital called and said, we have an appointment to induce you this morning. Oh, you do??? I said. Apparently someone scheduled me and forgot to tell me, but I was just as happy as could be that I was going to have a baby that day. And wouldn't you know, my cute sister had just given me a killer pedicure the night before, so now for sure I was ready to have a baby. I just love getting induced. You get to go in with shaved legs and pits, great looking toes, a good nights sleep . . . . . Can't beat that!





So we got there, and wouldn't you know. I was exactly 40 weeks and my cervix of steal was . . . . . still STEAL! This little girl hadn't even dropped yet. Dang kid! I swear I would have been pregnant for another two weeks, or more. My body just does not go into labor by itself. But once it gets started . . . . wow! They just gave me some pill and I was having little boring contractions all day. Damon and I watched fox news and Snoop Dogg's reality show all day long. BORING! We had to get at least two rounds of antibiotics in because I have group b strep.

Finally at 6pm my Dr. came in and broke my water. This is when it all begins for me. OUCH!!! Its not that I love pain . . .. Okay, I kind of do a little bit, but I am very anti epidural. They are just not for me. I would rather suffer and suffer than have some needle stuck in my precious spine. I just can't bring myself to do it. Although the thought does cross my mind as I am shooting from 6cm to 10cm in T-minus 15 minutes! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Once again, all you moms out there can relate . . . OUUUUUUUCH!!!

The nurse nearly had to deliver my baby as my mom and Damon were doing everything they could to talk me out of pushing. My doctor was rushing to the hospital.

(on a side note . . . my stomach, although it doesn't look very small, has been measuring 4-5 weeks behind my whole pregnancy. My doctor, and I were just positive that this was going to be a small baby. Myself and my body was really looking forward to pushing out a possible 6 pounder!!!)

Finally my Doctor showed up and I pushed out my LITTLE PETITE BABY . . . . an 8lb 14oz 21 inch long huge little CHUB CHUB girl. Holy Cow! Almost 9 pounds! My doctor was like WHOA!!! We were way off on this one! Where the heck did you keep this kid. OHHHHH, in my back. NO wonder I have been so miserable for the last 5 or six months!

So thats it! I feel kind of like I have been beat with a two by four, and I am loving my percocet, but other than that I am so happy to have my little girl. Nicole seems to think I deserved a medal! (I think all moms deserve at least three)!! Thanks for bringing me one my friend! I wore it with pride!


We got home from the hospital tonight and it is taking all the energy I have to post, but I am so excited to share my baby news with everyone! She is beautiful. She looks just like a little chubby Edyn baby. So far she has been an angel and I am hoping she stays this way. And . . . . . . I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.





32 comments:

Emily Kern said...

Yea!!! She is so cute! I'm so glad to have another niece! Now, if we could just come up to K and get all these cute babies together.... Good job, and good luck with getting some sleep! xoxoxo

SkeenMachine said...

Okay, first of all so cute!! And I hate you! Still pregnant. Went to see the midwife and she said if I don't have him by thursday next week. They'll induce me. I also am eating pinapple like it is going out of style because she told me it is supposed to help you go into labor. Last, your blog has inspired me to keep mine....for a while atleast!

Kim said...

What a sweet "little" girl! Holy Cow! I'm so happy that she's here and healthy. Congrats! I bet her big sisters are loving her. Some of our sweetest experiences have been watching the big kids with our new little baby.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Hooray! I've been stalking you for news. She is just beautiful - love her little cheeks.
Sleep well!

Kristen said...

Can I have her?

You already have two, Libbie. Don't be selfish.

Lesley said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Baby Lila is here! I am so happy for you Libbie and Damon. She is a doll! I love those cheeks! So cute! I don't blame you one bit for being tense though that Friday when they told you your Dr. couldn't deliver you! AHHHHH!! I would have freaked out! Glad they called Sunday! You do deserve that medal! 3 sweet girls. So happy for you! You look great! I wish I could say that I have been measureing small but no, last time at the dr. I was 23 weeks and measuring 24! I am going to be a beast! Congrats!

Dana and ohana said...

Shootz sista...I was going to come beat you witha 2x4 myself if you didn't have her soon. Congrats, she is beautiful and I LOVE those cheeks!!! So kissable! Welcome to motherhood of three!

Mary Perkins said...

CONGRATULATIONS Libbie and Damon! She is absolutely perfect! You inspire me to have more babies :). You look fabulous too by the way. I hope that she continues to be a good girl for you - you deserve it with a delivery like you had. I am so happy for you guys!!!

libbie said...

Kristin . . . I'll make you a deal. You can have her all night long, as long as I can have her in the daytime ! Sound good??

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She is beautiful.

MSB said...

She is so cute! I can't believe those cheeks! Adorable!
Congratulations! It almost makes me want to have another one... almost.

Nancie said...

She is a Damon baby all the way. Such a cute pict with you guys and the baby. Libby, can you give a class on how to look fab while birthing a child? Im signing up right away.

My Three Sons said...

So Cute. Howcome you get all the girls? c'mon, one little girl for me couldn't hurty God's plan, could it? Anyway...she is to die for. I am a little bit selfishly glad that you had her a day late so that you could come to PF Chang's for our "book club"....I'm also glad you wore your medal with pride. You deserved it!

yennu said...

I told you March 2nd was the day. I'm so honored you waited until my big 30th b-day. She will love sharing that day with me, Dr. Seuss, Garfield, & John Bon Jovi. What more could you ask for!!! What a darling baby girl. 3 little girls, how fun.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

So freaking CUTE! She is a beautiful baby. Wow, it looks like she was seriously lifted up from heaven, not down a tight cervix. Very, very pretty and your toes looked great. Hope you heal quickly and she sleeps well, enjoy.

CONGRATS!!! Yippee, your not prego no more!

Lisa Christine said...

Finally! The post that I have been waiting for. Congratulations Libbie!!! i am soooooo happy for you!!! Call if you need anything or you want me to watch your older two so you can have a break!

My Many Coloured Days said...

What a story... and what a hero you are! She is beautiful! We are big fans of chubby cheeks over here! Congrats to you both! Try to get some rest so you can enjoy these newborn moments!

The Dean Family said...

Libbie she's absolutely gorgeous! Oh I just love new babies..I was laughing so hard about you getting all ready to go into labor..that's great..I swear it really is like no other pain huh...I thought I was going to die and I did have a shot..you're so good about not getting shots..I was all about getting me drugged up so I didn't feel nothin'!! great job libbie!

Reil family said...

This is the cutest baby, we love her already and can’t wait to hold her and see her on Saturday. Congratulations to both of you. (And Libbie you look so beautiful that makes giving birth look so effortless, which I am sure it is not)

The Yancey Family said...

I can't wait to hold that huge baby! I wish I could be there! We'll get a really good picture of my tiny baby and your huge one right next to each other as soon as we can! You are such a pioneer woman, I am so jealous.

Lisa Christine said...

Welcome to the three daughters club. Tell Damon I am availible anytime for us to drown in our sorrows together thinking what it will be like 10-12 years from now when we both have beautiful teenagers. We can draw up plans on where to store the bodies of the teenage guys we will be beating down who come to the house a callin'. Congrats, and she is precious.

~Donald

kthom said...

O.k. so Lila's little cheeks are adorable! She looks like a perfect, squishy, yummy smelling, baby cupcake! Kinda edible really. Congrats!! -Kari

Arbon Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! I cannot believe they kept holding you off I would have been so mad! I cannot wait to see more pics of her!!!!

JoAnna Anderson said...

What a beautiful baby girl- congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. PS...as a mom I loved your delivery story! Take care & enjoy!

laura said...

Wow, you guys make cute kids!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her cheeks. Beautiful!!! And you look a little too happy in the hospital for a girl who doesn't like epidurals. Oh, Libbie- if only you could experience the joys of drug use. You're more of a woman than me. Congratulations.

sjmiller said...

Congratulations!!

She is adorable, and beautiful! That was a big baby to deliver! I'm so happy for you guys!

I love your medal!

Shauna said...

WOW! What a story. YOU ROCK HERO! Congrats to you and your cute family. Love love her chubby cheeks. What a beautiful baby. BTW super fun toenails. Enjoy!

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

Ohhhhhh, you are all so beautiful together; she looks so sweet too, I wish I could hold her! I LOVE the pictures. I'm glad she's here and you're all doing well. Congratulations to you!!! Love, K

Michelle & Rick said...

congrats! she is adorable...thats exciting 3 girls. enjoy these moments.

Amy said...

Your pictures truly paint a thousand words. Congratulations! What a big girl! I have never met anyone else who has group b strep. I have always been induced to get those lovely rounds of penicilin running through my body befre the baby comes out. The nurse had to tell me not to push this last time and I was like, ummm, how do you not push, its like your body is doing it with out your consent, how do you stop your body from pushing? I tried to picture myself out in the ocean paddling for a wave that I would never catch, because if I caught it, I was going to push that baby out! Anyway- Lila is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oh so cute.

grandma

Emily Kern said...

Ok Libbie, you can only use the new mother excuse for so long. I think 2 weeks is up now and its time for more pictures and pithy comments :):). Now be a trooper and get something new here already!
xoxoxo-Emily