Sunday, June 5, 2011

Things That are Awesome

(and when I say things, that also includes people and events).

Sea Turtles

I've seen them a million times, but I still think they are so cool.

Geckos
Our house pet . . . for while anyway. Fred (named by my little ladies) came to visit us the night of the Tsunami warning (not awesome). We welcomed him in, knowing he would eat any bug in his path. Unfortunately, I found his shriveled little dried dead carcass in my closet a few weeks later. RIP Fred.

Home Decor
I don't even know what to say about this, except that I'm pretty sure it brings us good luck.

Spam

I feel that its appropriate for me to cook with Spam now that I live in Hawaii. Come to find out . . . . . . . Its actually pretty good. My kids beg for this little dish.

Edyn's Baptism

My biggest little lady got baptised April 1st. It was AWESOME. Simple, and sweet. A few family and a few friends. I love Edyn. She is a REALLY good girl.

Easter Dresses
From Erika and Momo. Thank you once again for spoiling us rotten. We feel so blessed to have you in our lives!

Visitors
Gramma Sharon, Cassie and Lauren came for the baptism. We had so much fun, and laughed
A LOT. I also gained 5 pounds. That was not awesome.

Momo and Pappy stopped by Oahu just to see us. We LOVE you Momo and Pappy!

Greg and Rene, our friends from back in the BYUH days. It was so good to see you guys! Please come again soon, so you can buy us more ice cream :)

Kevin came to visit spur of the moment. It made our week to have him! It was not awesome when he left.

Damon and Kevin went on a shark adventure. They had a great time until a lady threw up right next to them. Game over.


I hate that I don't have any pictures of when Mary and Andrew McMann, and Tim and Hannah Fuhriman came to visit. I guess you all will just have to come again soon. And we sure loved all your leftover food :) Thanks again!

We LOVE visitors. Come see us!

Matsumoto's Shave Ice

Don't ever settle for imitation. I've made the mistake twice (dang long lines at Matsy's). I will never make the mistake again. Its just not worth it. If you've never had one, you are truly missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures.
(yes. my hat is bedazzled).

Good Citizen Girls
I have awesome kids. They are so smart and such good students. They both received Good Citizen awards on the last day of school. I love them. And I love their school.

Missing Teeth
It was not my pleasure to pull Ava's two bottom teeth. That is Tia's job. But she is in Washington. So I took one for the team. Gross. The tooth fairy was on the ball too, because she came on the first night the teeth were under her pillow. It must be all the nasty notes she's recieved in the past.

Oops. Dang Tooth Fairy.

Job Promotions

Sugar Daddy has been promoted. I am so proud of him. He's such and amazing guy and works so hard to support all of his ladies. I know he'll do great in his new position.

Summer Time
School got out for us on May 26. I love Summer. No waking up early. No homework (except reading of course). No making lunches every morning. No arguing over brushing hair, etc.
We'll be at the beach, pool, park, zoo, library, and lounging in our house for the next two months enjoying no schedule in Beautiful Hawaii if anyone needs us.

(PS. Can anyone tell me why blogger is uploading my pictures with such poor quality)?

4 comments:

Heidi D said...

Awesome. :)

It's been doing that to me too.

Brandi said...

I love you guys and miss you tons!

The Yancey Family said...

Just like someone is having an awesome Hawaii life...
I miss you and my babies!

Amy said...

my heart is longing for the islands. Kai is looking into getting a job on the big island. I am jealous that you got to see Greg and Renee . . . i miss them.