Monday, March 9, 2009

A Few Things

Problem Solved . . . . . Maybe

I am NOT a morning person.  Getting out of bed is one of the worst things for me.  Mostly because I stay up too late, enjoying the quiet time while my babies are sleeping.  I think if I would just go to bed earlier, it wouldn't be as bad.  Hmmmmmm . . . . easier said than done.   

I have been pretty lucky with my first two girls.  They would sleep until about 8:30 or 9:00.  Unfortunately, that all got shot down once they started pre school.  8:00 is the latest we can wake up to be ready and there on time.  If I could sleep until 8:00, that would be great, EXCEPT . .  . . . Lila's internal alarm goes off at 7:00am EVERY DAY.  DANG.IT.   It doesn't matter what time we put her to bed.  She is ALWAYS awake at 7.  

GOOD NEWS!!! Daylight Savings!!!!  Now, her body will think its 7 . . . . But its really 8 . . . . . I got my wish!  Now lets hope she doesn't catch on!  Oh  . . . And I might need to go to bed earlier, and get myself adjusted to this spring forward crap. 



Decisions, Decisions . . . . . .

My kids want a dog.  I DO NOT want a dog.  Its not that I don't like animals, its the fact that I know how much work they are, and my plate is already full in that area.  It does sound good at times.  I would like to have a dog, because I would feel a little more secure.  I am what you would call somewhat of an "anxiety freak."  No joke.  I am SUPER CAUTIOUS.  Some make fun of me. WHATEVER.  I just like to be as safe as possible.  

Since I like to be as safe, it was a hard decision (not really) when it came to choosing between two things . . . . . . Alarm System, or Dog?  Hmmmmmmmm . . . . .

I Choose . . . .. . . . 
LOVE IT!  Not only am I one of those "clinging to my guns and religion" Americans, but now, I will be clinging to my Alarm System as well.  YES!

Call me insensitive, but this decision was easy. 

My Alarm WILL NOT: 
*poop all over my yard, 
*get hair and slobber all over my home
*require a sitter whenever I want to go out of town
*chew up my furniture and shoes  
*bark at every little thing


My Alarm WILL:
*not require me to feed and nurture it
*go off if anyone tries to break into my house
*immediately call the police
*give me a lot more peace of mind . . . . something I obviously need

Maybe someday we will get a cute little dog . . . . . . Probably Not, but I've been known to eat my words.  

Don't forget . . . . I will be changing my blogger address to localib.blogspot.com tomorrow.  

BTW . . . . Anonymous . . . . . . I STILL know who you are!!!!

15 comments:

Thena said...

Not insensitive at all. Because as most of us know, others begs for the pet and promises to take care of it. But before long it's good ole Mom with one more thing added to her list or either step over the poop and keep going.

SuzanSayz said...

Stand firm Libbie on the dog issue. Once you have a dog, you HAVE a DOG. Ask Lisa, she wishes like anything that they didn't have their dogs. Unfortunately for her, she is out voted by Donald Alexandra and Lorelai. I think you are very wise to just say NO.

Lisa Christine said...

LOL.....love your comment to annonymous! ha!

And if you do eat your words and DO want a dog.....I have a few that I would be happy to donate to your family :)

However, the one thing I DO like about them is having one of them with me while I run. Especially since I run at night or in the early morning. I feel somewhat safer.

Lydia said...

My kids would love to have a dog, but luckily I have a husband who was attacked by one too many on his mission in Guate. He says no everytime the kids ask.

I'm so jealous you have a security system. I bet you're sleeping so well at night. I am still a total worry freak at night, especially after our KC incident of someone trying to break in. I just need to bite the bullet and get an alarm system.

I know I've said this before, but I love your blog ,Libbie. You always make me smile.

Heidi D said...

Did anonymous strike again? ;)

I haven't had any anonymous comments yet. I have lot's of anonymous people visit, they just don't comment.

You and I are the same. I am NOT a morning person and I do NOT want a dog.

libbie said...

heidi:

anonymous did not strike again. i just wanted her to know that i know who she is!

Lesley said...

You crack me up! I am glad that you got your alarm system and feel safer!!!

Jill and Dane said...

Dearest libinsky, I wish Brett had told you, I install alarms, I would have hooked you up big time, If you are interested, and can still cancel, let me know. I can do family and friend hook ups.... anyways take er easy. This is Dane by the way, not Jill

Amy said...

All my kids get up early every day. I hate waking up! Good luck with the 8:00 think- that would be heaven!

I am on the same page with you on the dog thing. My kids are begging and now Kai has started begging . . . I do not want to clean up poop! I deal with it enough in diapers!

Amy said...

I forgot I wanted to comment on the name blog . . . from 2 to 5th grade I had three other "Amy's" in class with me. I hated my common name . . .I guess the grass is always greener:)

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Plus with the alarm, your kids don't step in the poop and drag it all over your carpets.....You should reveal this anonymous person. I feel kind of like when the biggest loser does the "continued next week" and we wonder who will it be. :)
Just kiddin

David said...

hey what is phil up to? did he move back to NZ? do you hear from him?

The Dean Family said...

i can SOOOOOO relate with your kids..ella and i really want a dog..but josh says no...maybe we can talk him into it one day...happy b-day to your darling girls..they are so cute!! and that's so fun that they're birthdays are only one day apart!! looks like they had great days..and i love it that your oldest watched the jonas brothers in 3D..that's every little girls fantasty birthday party!!

Lisa Christine said...

for some reason I am cracking up that your ad is for someone with 'compulsive eating issues'. ha!

ArizonaLewis said...

so now we know anonymous is a girl. hmmmmmm. please tell mariah so she'll tell me. i'm bored these days and need some blogossip.

btw-i loved my dog sooo much and really loved getting rid of her in november. pet hair sucks as bad as urine stains.