Saturday, March 14, 2009

Double Header

Spring Soccer is in full swing.  Today we had a double header.  I have two words for you. . . . . . . 

TOTAL. DOMINATION.

Perhaps it's because we got two new players?
Maybe its because we added to our coaching staff?
Or could it be that the other teams were having an off day?

Hmmmmm . . . . Probably all of the above.

Whatever it was . . . . . . those two teams didn't stand a chance.  The Gators were ON FIRE! 
 
Don't they look like a FEROCIOUS bunch of six year olds?

I was telling my sister, that I really enjoy having something fun to do on my Saturdays.  I often hear a lot of complaining about having to take kids here and there, and always being so busy with sports and extra curricular things.  I will probably, once again, eat my words in a few years, when it gets old (I hope it doesn't), but for now, I LOVE THIS.  I am so excited for my kids to do fun things, and to go and cheer them on as a family.   

On a side note  . . . . while Ava was busy NOT obeying me, you know, getting a coat on (I only asked her four times), because it was FA-REEZING . . . . she had plenty of time to put on her "forbidden to wear out of the house" glass slippers, and sneak herself into the car.  Too bad I didn't notice until we got to the Soccer Complex.  She might have been cold, but at least she was SYLISH and cold.  

11 comments:

libbie said...

actually, i think it was that they are finally starting to listen to me...no, no, they still haven't started to do that!

-daddy

The Donald said...

What a great post! I had a blast yesterday not only watching Alexandra play, but coaching (and even refereeing) too.

Honestly, I have been waiting a long time to watch one of my kids play a sport on a team. And the fact the she gets to play with her friends makes it even better.

Thanks for letting me and my kid join in on your fun.

Go Gators!!

The Donald said...

Oh, and one more thing. Your link on your old blog isn't done right. It links to:
http://www.blogger.com/localib.blogspot.com

Take out the blogger.com/ part and you should be golden.

Mary Perkins said...

Your girls are too cute. I too cannot wait until our little ones get into sports, etc. I think it is a blast.

SuzanSayz said...

Oh that little Ava and her fancy shoes. It's funny too because I bet she didn't learn one thing from that even though I'm sure her poor little toes were frozen. She probably is still happy that she got away with something!
Donald must have had something in his back pocket btw, his butt usually isn't that BIG.
I think we (meaning you Fairchilds and we Sorensons) have some of the most beautiful little girls in the whole Tri-Cities!!!

The Dean Family said...

love it!! i was just telling josh that i hope ella can play soccer next yr. although we're thinking she might have to wait one more...it is so fun going to sporting events on sat.!! and i love it that ava wore her glass slippers to the game!! i think she looks so sassy and adorable..and come on every mother totally understands~ itsn't it funny once you have kids you can look at other kids (in situations such as this one) and put a huge smile on your face 'cause you know your kid would do the same thing:) love it!!

Alexandra said...

nise post libbie i liked it.

Lisa Christine said...

Ava, Ava....you are so full of spunk! I love it!

Great photos!

I am so glad that Edyn and Alexandra get to play together :)

Jessica said...

Sweet shoes! I'm gonna have to get me some of those!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Lib

Were you teasing us with an annoucement, come on...give it up, already! :)

Heidi D said...

Ava is very much like my Lindsay. I think they are the quintessential second born.