Thursday, August 23, 2007

BFCF

At the end of August we always have the Benton Franklin County Fair. What a treat. Every year we swear we are not going next year, and when next year comes around, we are always there! We just can't help it. The fair just draws you in. Maybe its the greasy overpriced food, the smell of fresh manure, the 13 year olds making out with each other, or could it be the classy ladies flirting with the carnies . . . . . . No . . . what brings us back every year is that our kids love it. They love to see the animals, especially my families 4H sheep (my mom's took grand champion this year thank you very much!) They love the cotton candy and they LOVE the rides. So of course on Tuesday night after we spent gobs of money on rides and disgusting food, we said, "Why do we even come here. .. . . . . ." But I can guarantee that we will be back next year, and probably all the years after. Its worth going to see my kids so happy.





11 comments:

Kim said...

We have the same problem! I love it though. We probably won't go this year because I'm sick. Your girls are so cute. Looks like you guys had a good time!

hatch said...

I know exactly what you mean. Last year as we were leaving I was thinking to myself... I do not want to do this again. Just as that thought came into my head my son looked at me and said, "This has been the best day of my life."
At that moment I wondered where I had gone wrong as a parent. So of course we will be back there again this year!

MSB said...

We are heading down tomorrow morning to go with Jeff's parents...

My Many Coloured Days said...

Looks like a blast! Your girls are so adorable and love the semi-matching sun dresses too! (Careful, one day your girls will be 13!!!)

laura said...

Oh, you're getting me all excited for my fair- just a couple of weeks away. It sounds just like yours- only we also get the pleasure of inhaling all the dirt that's being kicked up. It really is so dirty. Your girls are gorgeous. Seriously- does Edyn like older guys named Davin. I see them together in the future. And the top picture of Ava- she looks so much like you. Looks like a lot of fun.

Dana and ohana said...

I don't always love the fair but the kids can't ever get enough! I now feel for my parents and their endless years of being dragged to the fair...but how can you resist those cute little faces when they tell you how much they love it! I'm such a push over for smiley little faces! It looks like you are too!

Reil family said...

Looks like so much fun and i actually like the fair. The girls are so cute as always and we miss them a lot.

Lesley said...

Cute pictures Libbie! Your kids look like they had a lot of fun! I know what you mean about fairs. We said the same thing last year about the Puyallup Fair but we will probably go again this year because we want Haley to see the animals! Glad you had a good time!

The Dean Family said...

the county fairs are always fun..even if they're gross..the kids always have a blast..i think ours is coming up in the next few months..your girls are adorable!

Unknown said...

Fairs are the best! My favorite thing to do is wear big dark sunglasses - that way I can watch everyone without them noticing. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than seeing all the other people at a county fair!!!

Unknown said...

I need copies of these pictures! You can email them to me. Thanks!