Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Losin' It

A lot of times when I go to the store, I pay for my groceries and start pushing my cart to leave. I usually get about 10 or 15 feet when I hear . . . Ummm . . . Mam, do you want to take your groceries with you? Oh . . . yes, silly me.

I pick up my daughter and her friend from preschool a lot of days, and her friend just lives a couple houses down from us. As I get home, Edyn says, Mommy!!!! Your forgot to drop off Jadyn! Oopsie Doopsie. Not again. Turn around, and take Jadyn home.

A while ago, I went to Costco. Just me and Ava, and I purchased some shoes. Came out to the parking lot, and goodness! I couldn't remember where I parked my car! Oops! 20 minutes later, after I had walked up and down every row of cars. I found it. Had no recollection of ever parking there. My sister said to me . . . why didn't you just set your alarm off so you could at least hear where your car is? Oh, DUH! Never thought of that!

On Sunday, I had my outfit all planned out for church. Gray skirt, black shirt, black heels. I went to my closet to get my skirt. NO WHERE to be found. So of course I call my sister and ask is she has borrowed it. Nope. Where is it? I just saw it . . . I SWEAR! So what do I do, I tear everything off the shelves, rip all my skirts off the hangers, (I am running late of course), and STILL . . . . no skirt. So I just give up. I will find something else to wear. I walk out of my closet, and what is laying neatly on my bed . . . . you guessed it, my gray skirt. I had neatly placed it there before I had taken a shower, and just completely forgot. Dang . . . . now I have to clean my closet.

My church is on the same road as my bank. Lately, when I am going to church, I end up at the bank, and when I am going to the bank, I end up at church. AHHHH!

Then there was the stop sign I completley ran the other day. No cops around. Phew. Luckily no one was killed.

Today I went to the store SPECIFICALLY for salad makings. I got everything I needed and headed home. As I went to make myself the most delicious salad, OOPS. I forgot the lettuce! I have everything else just not the main ingredient. DANG. Now I have to go back to the store. Forget it. I will have a salad tomorrow.

This list could go on for ages. I am Losing it! Big time. Sometimes I think its cause I am getting older. I am almost 30 you know. And sometimes I just go ahead and self diagnos me with early alzheimers. And then I remember. OH YEAH. I AM PREGNANT. Thats whey I am so DUMB. I am in big trouble too, cause each kid I have had, I get dumber every time. Its like they suck every last brain cell out of me. This should probably be my last kid. . . . cause I don't have too many more to spare.

So now you all know. Usually I keep it a secret well into the second trimester. But I am too sick and too tired to care if the whole world knows. I am about 12 weeks. Things are looking up though, cause I have had a really good week of no naussea. Just tired. Damon wants a boy so bad. I think it is a boy, cause I have never been so angry in my life. Whatever happens, DO NOT CROSS ME. You might get your head ripped off. Me, I want another girl. I just love girls. Edyn thinks we should name her Hannah Montana, or Lava Girl. I asked her if we could just call her Lava for short. Sure mom. Thats fine. So hopefully its a boy, cause I think Lava would get made fun of a lot.

13 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Yeah! Congrats! Thats great! I'm with Flamers on wanting a boy...they really are fun and so different(especially after two girlies)! And I am with you on 3 being a great number, you are outnumbered but not by too many, and Jayden and Braley are with Eydn on the name Hannah Montana...although Dana is a pretty fantastic name too! Cngrats again.

MSB said...

Congrats! That is great! Jeff really wants (wanted, we might be done) a boy, too, but I just think I am made to be a mommy to girls!

Kim said...

It was funny, 'cause as I was reading I thought to myself "She must be pregnant"! I totally and completely understand what you're going through!!!! Congratulations, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a boy.

laura said...

Congratulations!! It took me until the 3rd paragraph to scroll down and see how far along you were. That's so funny. Why does that happen? I hope Damon gets his boy. But, if it is a girl, at least we know you guys make some beautiful girls.

Unknown said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Congrats Libbie! I am so excited fo you. I am looking forward to hearing if it is a boy or girl. While I was reading your blog I kept thinking "I can TOTALLY relate!" I am such a space cadet. I seem to forget everything. The only difference between me and you is that I don't have anything to blame it on. I guess I'm JUST THAT DUMB :) Oh well.
P.S. My vote is for Lava Girl since Ethan is convinced our next child should be named Spiderman!

Lesley said...

I agree with kimi! I totally was reading that and thinking...hmmmm... I wonder if she is pregnant! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am so flippin' excited for you! And you are even almost done with your first trimester! WHOOOOOO!!!! Okay, Libbie and Damon-CONGRATS!!! When are you due? Will your nausea start subsiding here soon now that you are done with the first trimester?! I love the name Lava Girl!! Perfect! That is so cute! Are you going to find out what it is? How fun! As you can tell, I am a little excited for you guys!

My Many Coloured Days said...

With each stanza I was thinking - you are totally pregnant! You are also way too cute - what a fun way to announce! Congrats, though I can say it doesn't get that much better AFTER the pregnancy. If you recall, I USED to be a genius!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

LIBBIE!!

PREGO! Congrats! This is a case for a lot of punctuation marks. Wow, I'm so happy for you guys. I was wondering if you were prego too, I almost commented the other day. I must by psychic. I think I spelled psychic incorrectly, so that would make me not psychic. Anways, have you been sick or anything? Also what's your 50/50 guess at what this baby is??

The Dean Family said...

libbers!! CONGRATS! are you guys so excited or what?!?!? that's so fun..i totally know what you mean by being so tired..i remember being pregnant with ella...the first 3 or 4 months i was exhausted all the time..try to sleep when you can..i know it's hard when you have little ones..but give it a shot:)..it's important!

Nancie said...

Congrats. You guys make the cutest girls. Hope Damon gets that boy, if not you can borrow mine for a while.

Shauna said...

YIPEEE SKIPPEEE! Congrats to you! I'm so excited for your growing family. The more the merrier. . .yeah right. We just traveled for ten days. . . it was a mess with four little ones. I hope it's another girl. I love girls. I wish I had a whole house full of little girls. Congrats and Good luck. :)

The Reil Family said...

congratulations! i hadn't even finished the first paragraph and i totally knew...

sjmiller said...

Damon and Libby,

This is Stephanie and Nick from Hawaii!! Do you remember us?? We roasted marshmallows in our TVA apartment, and Libby and I had a class together.

OK, I hope you do!

I'm glad I found your blogspot! I found it through Austin Dyer.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi, and tell you congratulations on the new baby on the way!

Hope all is well, and feel free to stop by our site and check it out!

Love to all!

Stephanie