Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Festivities

We had a lovely Christmas this year.  Quiet. Small. Hanging out with our Hawaii Ohana. Not spending too much money. And only eating a little bit too  much.





We also spent Christmas not taking very many pictures. Because we were too tired to remember. And I'm 35 now, so I forget a lot of things. We did get this gem though. My girls are beautiful even after they just roll out of bed.


Once again, we had Christmas Tacos.  It's our tradition. This year we took it to a whole new level. Pinata and all. I don't even care if my downstairs neighbors hate me. IT. WAS. AWESOME.
Same time, same place next year. The only difference is in 2013, I will be wearing a sombrero.










After our Taco festivities, we were SOOOOOOO lucky to get to welcome home our dear friend Uncle Josh from Afghanistan. His 4th deployment. What a stud. I love our country. And I love those who serve  so selflessly. 



A few days later, we got to welcome home another friend Lawrence! Also back from Afghanistan. Also his 4th deployment. Can you imagine how hard it must be to be away from your family for so long? I just love our Soldiers! 



December 29 was our 13th anniversary. We spent it in Kaaawa with James and PJ. Its one of my favorite spots in this whole wide world. Not only because they are wonderful people, but they have a gorgeous house they built themselves right on the beach.  I wonder if they would let us move in. I'm sure 5 extra people at their beautiful home wouldn't be crazy at all.


 Auntie PJ is WAY more fun that me. WAY. She even dances with my kids.



 

 Happy 13 Years to us!

My apologies to my posterity for not taking any pictures of our New Years Festivities.  Just know that it was spent with a bunch of awesome people, and we had a great time. And we weren't even drunk. Did you know that it is very possible to have a blast when you are sober? I've been doing it for 35 years now.

Now . . . . Let's talk about 2012. It was pretty good year for me, up until Obama got re-elected (although some of you might of liked that . . . you weirdos). And then my sweet nephew died.  That was, and still is one of the hardest things our family has ever been through. I think about him every day. I think about my sister and her family every day. I also think about how precious life is EVERY SINGLE DAY. . . . . and how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends (who I consider family), I have my faith (which I love), my health (I've been working hard on that), and I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  Times will not always be easy, and sometimes, life might actually suck a little bit, or a lot. But you just keep on keepin' on. Those hard times make you stronger. I feel strong.  I feel like 2013 is going to be a good year.  A REALLY good year.  I hope yours is great as well.

PS . . . . I'm not making any resolutions this year.  I have one simple goal.  And that is to spend more quality time with family and friends.