Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Twooots

In case you didn't catch that . . . . its Two and Toots together (I am super clever) because "The Toots" turned 2 today.

It was a pretty special day for her. She got to go to her beloved Tia's house where she was allowed to wear her Elmo apron ALL DAY LONG (thanks for that Gabe and Kristie), as well as wear Elmo diapers. You see, we buy pampers from Costco. No Elmo. Tia Bekie has Pamper's Cruisers from Target. Covered in Elmo. Toots knows when she goes to Tia's that she gets to wear "Elmo Burpers." Which only make her frequent trips there more enjoyable.

Dinner was her choice . . . . "chickie nuggies" and "fwies."


And for dessert, Elmo cupcakes (can you see a pattern here? The kid is a little obsessed with the furry red little dude) . . . . . I stole the idea from my sister, who stole the idea from her sister-in- law. Being the domestic goddess that I am, I went ahead and gave Tia Bekie that task. She performed it quite well.

Guess what I am smelling in the bottom picture? Lucky Me!

All in all, it was a dream come true for a 2 year old.

I love you Lila
Toots . . . Tooters . . .Tooties . . . . .
and more recently known as Gary.




Happy Birthday!
You are so precious. I can't imagine life without you.
P.S. I hope that by your third birthday you sleep through the night . . . . . In your own bed.



6 comments:

The Reil Family said...

very cute! i love your outfit, by the way! and elmo too, of course!

Kristen said...

Can I just borrow your family? Please?

Heidi D said...

She looks just like her daddy. :)

SuzanSayz said...

The things it takes to make a two year old happy!?!
Those are some of the cutest non-bakery cupcakes EVER!
I can't believe how fast two years go by. I remember when she was first born and I asked Lisa if she would like me to make some burp cloths for her to give to you as a baby gift. She liked the idea but my sweet ever shy Lisa said that she was afraid she didn't really know you well enough and it might feel kinda weird. Cut to two years later and you are now one of her favorite people in the entire world, and one of the few non-family members that she doesn't feel the least bit uncomfortable hanging out with.
Happy second birthday lovely little Lila!

(oh, and i guess in a round-about way i owe you some burp cloths if there is ever a baby #4 tee hee)

Lydia said...

Awww, such a cute family. Happy Birthday, Lila!

The Yancey Family said...

We love Toots! Thanks for including us in the birthday festivities!

I can't believe that you wrote that comment about my fart picture! Is it bad that it doesn't even embarrass me?