Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holiday Rundown

I'm not usually an emotional person. . . . . . . so this Holiday Season, I was quite shocked at the plethora of feelings escaping from my own self. Perhaps its because I am getting older, maybe a little more mature (finally), and have come to the realization of how truly blessed I am. I have never been so poor yet felt so rich. I have never been so stressed yet happy. I have never been so overwhelmed with gratitude yet speechless . . . . . . because I have no idea how to truly thank so many family members and friends who have helped my little family in so many ways.

And to those of you working behind the scenes . . . . . . I don't know who you are, but thank you. Thank you for being so kind and generous. Thank you for being such an example of service and selflessness. Because of you, we have been able to make it through these last four months, a time which should have been the hardest in our lives but instead have been completely amazing. I cannot wait for the day, very soon I hope, when I can do for others what you have done for me and my family. What a blessing it has been for us to have people like you caring about us. We love and appreciate you.

And now . . . . . I present you our 2009 Holiday Season.

It all started off with an amazing Apricot Lane Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.

I'm not sure if you noticed . . . . but I think I have finally found a talent, as I made these sweaters. Yes. Its true. Except mine of course. That was a Mamie creation. . . . . and an amazing one at that. I live for Ugly Sweaters. Next year's party cannot come soon enough.


Christmas

We had a very quiet Christmas. Opened a few presents in the morning with Damon's family, and then I headed to work at the theater for the day. NEVER go watch movies on Christmas day. Its the busiest day of the year. I found it quite amusing that so many people got so upset that they were not the only ones at the theater, and how could everything be sold out? Duh.
We had a feast of Tacos for dinner when I got home, and hit the sack, as I was plain bushed after a long day of serving popcorn.

Our stockings are in storage and we just never had the time to go find them, so Santa was kind enough to leave some gifts in some very festive re-usable bowls for the girls. Nice. They have been used many times since. Thank you Santa!



Christmas PJ's from Momo and Erika. Thank you . . . . So Adorable!

10 years

On December 29, Damon and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I feel like every anniversary is very special, but for some reason, this one meant more to me than all the others so far. We have come a long way in the 17 years we have known each other. I had big plans of how I wanted this day to be, and it turned out nothing like I expected. I wish I had some beautiful wedding pictures and a romantic story to to post here (obviously a very sore subject) but I don't. Maybe for our 11th anniversary. I can dream right?

New Years Eve.

I don't know how we ever got so lucky. We have some of the most AMAZING friends ever, who invited us over (okay, I kind of invited us over, but they graciously accepted my offer). Not only did Gabe make us an 8 pound Prime Rib, but they allowed us to eat a good 5 pounds of it. Thats right. Damon ate about three and I ate about two. This is not a joke. I figured I have been eating my brains out since Thanksgiving, I might as well finish off 2009 with some good old fashioned gluttony. And why stop at the Prime Rib? Four large servings of Lemon Blueberry Trifle, and a huge side ache later, we were on our way home with our three naughty kids to sleep off this food drunkenness. I was literally hung over the next day. I didn't put a thing in my mouth until about 2pm when I went ahead and ate the other four servings of said Trifle that was left over. I'm an animal.

Dodge Ball

Why not start the year off with a fun filled night of dodge-ball? Mamie and I planned and executed our first party. What a smashing success. For all of you who weren't there, I feel bad for you, because you truly missed out. Never fear though, as we are already planning our next one for April when Nish comes home. Until then, I will be practicing my dodging, and throwing as I am obviously WAY out of shape. I played only 1.5 of the 7 or so games and I can barely move the right side of my body.

Yes . . . . Damon is VERY serious about this outfit.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd . . . . . thats a wrap. Happy 2010!

12 comments:

The Dean Family said...

LIBBIE!!! i was laughing SO HARD at your sweater!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! you are so creative with those carrots and they look oh so sexy on you!! it looks and sounds like you folks had a great holiday season!!! happy new year!

Amberly said...

I LOVE the dodgeball pictures!

Brooke said...

There are so many wonderful things crammed into this post: Love all the "ugly" sweaters, but especially the fluffy snow! The dodge ball outfits are a hoot! And I'm glad you had such a blessed Christmas!

Heidi D said...

Was the deer pooping on his sweater?

I love all of the knee high socks.

SuzanSayz said...

Okay, as soon as I can stop laughing at Damon in his good-natured reindeer sweater and his inspired Dodge Ball Shorts. You too have some of the best senses of humor ever. It was also fun seeing my cousin Mitch there. Just try and not have fun with Mitch around!
Your positive attitude is contagious Libbie, one day you will have to find time to become a motivational speaker on top of all the other things you do so well.
I liked the bowls standing in for stockings. If it ever happens again feel free to come over and i will whip up a few fast stockings for you. I must have made at least 12 Christmas Eve stockings over the years of my kid raising. It was amazing how easily my children could lose them from year to year, and those were stockings that had never even left the house to go into storage either.
Great catching up post!

Lisa Christine said...

Now this was the post of all posts...which is a good thing since you have been kind of a blogging slacker these past few months :) Anyways, because this post is kind of all over the place, my comment might be too...

I didn't know that you were working at the theater.

As for the sweaters....they are brilliant. Have you thought about selling them on Etsy.com??

Congrats on 10 years. Donald and I will make it there this summer :)

Love all the dodgeball pics. Who won the dress up contest?

Erika said...

Where did Damon find a red unitard? He looks hot! That is a great idea for a party. I will steal it.

Emily Kern said...

I love you Libbers! You make me smile! And I think you really should sell your sweaters on Etsy. It is GENIUS! Spend some time making them this year and when the holiday season hits next year, you will be ROLLING in the dough! Maybe I might even be a silent partner (that means I might give you some money) in exchange for a sweater!

Lesley said...

Great pictures Libbie! I am loving your Christmas sweaters!!! :) Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and your dodgeball party was a hit! How fun! Happy New Year!

David said...

dodgeball looks like so much fun!

people were upset at the theater on christmas? and it was busy? really? lol sounds like people are the same there as they are here!!

Amy said...

You guys are so awesome! I wish we lived near you so we could partake of your ugly sweater extravaganza or you dodge ball marathon!

I am so having an ugly Christmas sweater party next year!

All the things you said about being blessed and about people helping could have been exactly like what I could have said about this Christmas. I am so anxious to pay forward all the goodness that people have shown to us!

Unknown said...

Hello! Where are you?