Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blah

I obviously have nothing to blog about. I guess I could rant and rave about some things, but I will spare you all . . . . . . unless of course you are interested in any of the following topics. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

*My life is dull.
*Winter is getting old.
*Dieting makes me angry.
*I'm tired of eating salad.
*I haven't washed my van for the whole year that I've had it. No joke. Its unfortunate that I rubbed my white "dress sweat" jacket up against it yesterday. Ruined.
*I need a vacation, but I hate traveling, but I need a vacation, but I hate traveling . .. . . . .
*Why I am NOT invited to Ava's birthday party.
*Edyn got her first love letter from a boy in class.
*Edyn is in love with another boy and was quite disturbed by love letter from boy in class.
*Not only am I neighbors with WalMart, but also Burger King and McDonalds, and I really want a Whopper and some Tillamook ice cream right now.
*I am glad I tell everyone I am dieting, so I CANNOT allow myself to fall off the wagon.
*I ran 5 miles yesterday and it sucked hard core. For how much I have been working out, I am still completely out of shape.
*Speaking of suck. . . . . I suck at knitting. I don't think I can even put it on my "mediocre" list. No worries. I am not giving up. I just gotta keep on keepin' on, and maybe someday I will make something suitable enough to give away!


I would love to write some exciting commentary for you on any of the above topics, but the lack of Vitamin D in my life right now is draining all the wit and charm right out of me. The dieting isn't helping in that area either, as I mentioned above, Dieting = Angry. Maybe tomorrow I will find myself in a tanning bed for a few minutes getting some fake sun. I am tired of feeling . . . . . . for lack of a better word . . . . . Blah.

For your viewing pleasure.

Since I boycotted salad for today, I cooked myself up something else that is green and yummy. Fresh Asparagus with Veri Veri Teryaki. D-Lish.

13 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

That picture looks familiar....LOL

Libbie, you may feel blah, but you are one of my heros...really. You have self determination and self control like no one else I know.

Thanks again for watching my children last night. It meant a lot, and they had fun at your house.

Shauna said...

I love it!! You are so honest!! I am angry dieter too!! Watch out when I restrict my food intake bc I turn mean. Well, Good luck! :)

Lisa Christine said...

Libbie--

Your photography skills were amazing, it was my offensive arms that prevented me from posting those pictures. I am going to start lifting weights....TODAY!!!

Amberly said...

Oh how I love asparagus and veri veri teriyaki. However, I have never put them together. Looks good. Maybe I will join you for lunch. ;)

Heidi D said...

I think your feeling is reciprocated throughout the blogging community today.

I like all of those topics you mentioned. Pick any one and expound.

I want spring too.

SuzanSayz said...

Libbie, anyone who loves my precious little grandaughters as much as you do is perfect in my book. And good for you to keep up with the knitting! Just remember that Michael Jordan didn't make his High School Basketball team the first year he tried out. And he certainly did all right.

The Dean Family said...

you are so funny libbie! that's cute/scary that your little one got a love note ALREADY!..but who can blame the poor little boy...your girls are just too dang cute!

Nancie said...

good job on dieting. UH thats the last word on my vocab list nowadays.

enjoy your yellow pee.

Jessica said...

I can't believe you ran 5 miles! That is awesome!! I hate running and I haven't ran THAT much in a couple years. I did a P90X workout last week & I literally couldn't walk the next day. I never knew what my "CORE" was until I broke it! Good luck with the dieting. I'm too rebellious against myself to diet. I just kill myself exercising......as for blah--you know I'm right there with ya!

kthom said...

Veri Veri enjoyable post once again! Where would I purchase such a sauce? I am a huge fan of asparagus and would try anything new...thanks for that! I think we're all feelin a little blah these days and ya know what...that's o.k. I know we're not all running 5 miles, whippin up asparagus, and knitting!!! Thanks for your sweet comments...xo

Dana and ohana said...

5186671821914
funny, I just got myself univited to ansen's birthday yesterday. It must be a 3 year old thing. Gotta love it.

Reil family said...

I have being feeling like this myself and I am sooooo ready for the winter to be over, but I really want to know why you are not invited to Ava’s birthday party, I hope I am.

Missy said...

I love asparagus.
I just put it in a pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt and cook at 350* for about 15-20 minutes.
So delicious!

It's winter time. Everyone feels blah around this time because we are ready for spring and it just isn't here yet.