Saturday, August 30, 2008

Updates

This is what we've been up to for the last couple of weeks:

1. MOVING . . . . . AGAIN. Like I said . . . . its becoming my new hobby. This will be the third move in 10 months. Although, since we sold our house in November, I have gotten rid of so much stuff, that this move was pretty dang easy. I loved our little apartment (P, as in Party 102) and all the great amenities, but I was so ready to get into something bigger so we weren't actually living on top of each other.

No we are living in an amazing house house with some suhwheeeeet landlords. They even left their trampoline and swing set. Now I just gotta figure out a way for them to come and cook me dinner every night.

Feel free to come visit our new pad. We actually have room now!

2. TEETH. Two, to be exact. Lilita got some razor sharp ones last week. And let me tell you, I know for a fact that they are razor sharp because she continues to bite me on a regular basis. Last Sunday was the worst. It was the first day she decided to test them out on me. It certainly left a mark. I was pretty much bleeding everywhere, and swore I was done breastfeeding. (I have been looking for an excuse to quit for FOREVER, because I do not love breastfeeding. I only do it cause its good for the team).

This was the day I decided to start giving her solid food. She hates rice cereal. I don't blame her. The stuff looks disgusting. And I also buckled and I still breastfeed, because I cannot for the life of me spend the money on formula when I can make the stuff myself. Oh, and its so much easier, and I am all about making my life as easy as possible! So I am carrying on, and watching her like a hawk while she eats so I can catch her before she bites. (Obviously I have never had a biter before. I never knew the damage these little teeth could cause)!


3. KINDERGARTEN. This has really been hard for me, for a couple of reasons.

One, my baby is getting so big. Not only does it make me feel old, but I just cannot believe that she is already in school. She is my big sweet helper girl. I miss her already, and she has only gone to one day.

Two, school scares me. I feel like I am sending her off to a pack of wolves. I am glad she is going to learn and get even smarter than she already is, BUT she is also going to learn a lot of other stuff, you know, stuff that kids should not even know about. And she is going to learn it from other kids. This kills me. I want to protect her. I realize that I am a little crazy, but this is my baby. We went on a walk the other day, and I told her that she can always ask me questions . . . about anything. I want her to be able to talk to me about things she hears or learns from others. I just hope that she does.

On the first day of school, she was of course ecstatic. Damon and I dropped her off, and she was happy as a clam. It took everything I had to hold myself together. I didn't want to break down in front of her and embarrass her. So I kindly waited til I got in my car, and the tears started pouring. Now, anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not a crier. I don't remember when the last time I cried was. But this week I have cried three times. Yikes. What is happening to my hardcore self?


4. SOCCER. I am officially a soccer mom. I signed Edyn up for soccer a while ago. We had her first practice last Thursday. The league was short on coaches, and guess who pulled thru for the team . . . . the one and only D-MAN!!! Yep! He is Edyn's soccer coach. And guess what? He has never played a day of soccer in his life, but he was willing to do it, so all the little kids on her team could play. I find this EXTREMELY SEXY.


Thats pretty much it for now. Hopefully I will have something else interesting in my life to blog about pretty soon!

16 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Libbie I am constantly amazed at how often I can relate to you. I could never get nursing to work and I felt kinda guilty for my kids missing out on that experience, but I also hated buying that expensive formula. I tried to make sure that my children could talk to me about anything. And I think that probably 75 percent of the time they did. They did know (I hope they did at least) that whatever they told me about I wouldn't freak out on them. I feel sad that there are so many children who go through so much on their own because they are afraid to talk to their parents. Good for you to realize how important that is.

Mary Perkins said...

Libbie,

I can't believe your baby is so big to be in school either. Oh my - we are old. Your sweet girls are just to dang cute!

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

You're BUSY!

Amy Springen said...

Go COACH DAMON....if it can't be football, heck soccer will do!!!!

Emily Kern said...

You are a trooper! I give you kudos for sticking with the nursing. Teething is the making or breaking time. My nips hurt just thinking about it. Thank goodness Jeff has only bit me once so far. p.s.-I've heard several times that you should talk to your kids about..you know...certain things before the other kids get to them. We started out with the very basics in about Kindergarten and then have given them more info as they get a little older. It is kind of sickening, this wicked world we live in, that we have to talk about these things with our kids so early, but I would rather them hear it from me with a sacred undertone than from the naughty kids with who knows what going on in their lives. I'm sure you already know this and have probably already talked, but just sharing my thoughts!

Lisa Christine said...

Edyn looks so excited for her first day! What school is she at?

I need to come check out your new place. The girls would love to bounce on the trampoline.

sjmiller said...

Sounds like you guys are pretty busy! Another move? WOW! Hope you are getting settled in now!

I know how the biting goes, it's not fun. Hopefully, you will have more feedings that are bite free. (What killed me was when they would bite, I would pull them away and tell them ouch, that hurt, or something. Then, they would smile, and milk would come drooling out. So hard to be upset when that happened.)

Yay on the soccer coaching! Damon deserves major props for that!

The Donald said...

Hey, if Damon needs any help coaching, he can give me a ring. I have more experience at Soccer than it sounds like he does. I did after all play one season of the sport. In 2nd grade. Makes me highly qualified right?

(I would have done more, but I became a community organizer instead...I had to help the inner city youts.) :)

kthom said...

Hey just checkin in. Congrats on the "new move" -I'll bet the thrill is gone but space is good. Kindergarten in a wonderful thing. Tears now....peace and quiet for months on end. Enjoy the new routine.

Dana and ohana said...

always so busy. good for you! Edyn is going to have a blast, I just know it. and damon...soccer coach? LOVE IT!

Lydia said...

Libbie, I am right there with you on the kindergarten thing. Tommy starts on Thursday, and I'm already starting to tear up, especially reading your post! Jeff gets after me and reminds me not to show a bit of nervousness or sadness because it will freak Tommy out, so there has been some serious acting in our house.

Good luck with the biter! Blood! Yikes! Tommy bit me once, and I said, "That's it. I'm done." I felt the same way about nursing. I wasn't a huge fan, but it was free and healthy so I continued on...until the biting. I'm so unbelievably impressed that you continue.

Good luck with soccer (awesome, by the way) and your transition to the new home. It sounds like an awesome place!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Good luck with the biting - I've had three and James is the worst. He bites me on the shoulder too, and he's teeth top and bottom. I always swear I'm going to give up but I don't because I'm like you - can't stand the thought of buying the milk when I can make it!
I told Emily she needs to give us all pointers on what to say to our 5-year-olds before they start school. I'm at a total loss and terrified. Even worse, here in Seattle, that she'll run into lots of kids with either two moms or two dads. Yikes. The landmines ahead!

The Yancey Family said...

Edyn was so cute over the phone after her first day of school, she said, "Tia! It was AWESOME!" I wish Brett still felt that way about going to school. We love that girl!

I agree that the coaching thing is attractive, hopefully Brett will have that oppurtunity soon!

The Dean Family said...

libbie..my other friend's kids have started kindergarten too..and they're all crying like babies right now and rightly so..i would be the same way...and that's the neatest that damon is coaching..what a great daddy!! oh ya and i'm so happy for your new spacious house!!

Lesley said...

Congrats on the move! My parents are excited to have you back in the ward! :) Edyn is so cute! I know I have awhile, but, I still am not looking forward to that day, except for today, I think I accidently told myself, man I wish you could go to school today to my busy, onery 2 year old! :) Oh well! Anyway, cute girls Libbie!

Idaho Hymas said...

My baby started Kindergarten!! I love you Beedsa

Uncle Scott