Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Random Part 3

I lead a pretty boring life lately, so I am just having a blast posting all the random things that go on in my life

No baby news yet . . . still three weeks to go. Hopefully I can get her out way sooner than that. I did manage to successfully pack on 6 pounds in one week though . . . something to be proud of.

Edyn is really into comparing herself to others lately . . . something that really worries me, at this ripe old age of 4. (Any tips on combating this would be appreciated. Of course I always tell her how beautiful she is, that she is my precious baby, that everyone has differences, etc.) Is this normal though?

So Damon and Edyn have brown eyes, and Ava and I have blue eyes. The other day, she said to me, "Mom, I really hope Lila (that is our new baby) comes out with brown eyes, because I am REALLY tired of all the blue eyed people around here."

Gotta love this sassy girl.



11 comments:

Shauna said...

LOL! She is darling and sassy. So funny about the "blue eyed people" Gotta love the little things they stay. Good luck on your last days as a pregnant lady. . . I can only imagine these last days just drag on and on. . .

Nancie said...

I love that sassy girl too. Lila, what a pretty name. Good luck on the birthing thing.

Lisa Christine said...

Lila....what a beautiful name. One leter off from "Lisa"....hmmmmm....no wonder I like it!

As for Edyn....she's not alone. Alexandra is very into herself these days, and very obsessed with her appearence. She says things like "do I look like a teenager when I wear this?"

And your new baby will gorgeous I'm sure....brown or blue eyes

MSB said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Lila... can you email me your mailing address, please?
As for the lack of tact... the other day out shopping a rather large lady backed into Livi... her LOUD comment "she should eat more healthy, than her bum wouldn't be so big!". Truthful, just not a lot of tact!

Emily said...

I love the name Lila!

I packed on 4 lbs since my last weighin (2 weeks ago). I hate hopping on the scale now that I'm getting closer to the end, too. Last time I just quit looking at the number.

Can't wait to see the new little Fairchild!

Lesley said...

She is seriously hilarious! So funny! Whooooo! Only 3 weeks to go! You lucky girl you! I can't wait to see Lila! What a cute name!

The Dean Family said...

she is gorgeous and too funny! i love her comment about the eyes:)

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Libbers,

First I love your name for your new sweet little baby. Second, I too have had a six pound week in pregnancy! Good times! What's that like 16,0000 extra calories to make that happen. Man, I miss those weeks, enjoy them and don't worry about the scale, only three weeks left where you can be "vacation eating mode"...

Dana and ohana said...

I got you beat! When I was preggers with Braley and on a whole lotta anti-contraction pills and on beadrest and eating hospital food for two weeks straight I put on 18 lbs in one week! (I cried for HOURS--well, more like a week)
Anyhoo-LOVE the name. Its sassy.

Kristen said...

Start subscribing Edyn to the victoria's secret catalog and notify her of the caloric value of every item she consumes. That might help.

Seriously, you're darling. I can't wait to come visit!!!!

Reil family said...

We love Edyn she is so cute and we can’t wait to see your baby