Saturday, January 5, 2008

A White Colorado Christmas

I am finally finding time/energy to post our most wonderful Christmas/Anniversary/New Years trip to Colorado. I guess better late than never!
We were fortunate enough this year to be able to travel down to Colorado to visit our amazing friends Josh and Erika. These guys do NOT MESS AROUND when it comes to celebrating. I knew from the time we booked our flight that we were in for a real treat. And I was right. I have never been so spoiled rotten. We got there on Christmas Eve, and had the most delicious dinner cooked by Josh's dad. Afterwards we went home and opened one present, a pair of pajamas for everyone. Since I basically live in pajamas these days, it worked out great! Then we read the Christmas story from the Scriptures and sang tons of Christmas songs. The kids couldn't get enough.

Christmas Morning was awesome. Josh and Erika spoiled us rotten. These are the kind of people that put a lot of thought into gifts. They will listen all year long, and remember what you talk about and without fail, will remember and put together the most amazing gifts. Me, totally opposite. Scramble at the last minute, what the heck should I do? Oh, I guess a gift card will work . . . . I have got to get better at this! My kids were in love, they have never seen so many presents. After this, we went over to the Hammonds, Erika's parents, and were once again spoiled rotten. I am still at a loss for words. I can never thank this family enough for making this Christmas so fun and special. We just do not get this kind of attention around here!

Christmas Night, Erika made the most amazing 5 course dinner. Ummmmmm . . . I am one of those people who has to ask what fork to use . . . . . . It was beautiful. I have got to take some etiquette lessons one of these days in my spare time.

The rest of the week was filled with fun. We went to tons of fun places and played a lot. Its so fun to visit big cities where there is tons to do. Kennewick can get pretty dull at times. Lots of good food, swimming, and video games. The Wii was quite popular, until Erika continued to demolish Damon and Josh in Wii bowling, and they just couldn't take it. Sorry guys, sometimes you just have to admit defeat. I pretty much sat on my ever expanding bum and watched the whole time, as I am not a real fan of video games. Maybe its just that I am no good.

We share the same anniversary. December 29. Damon and I have been married for 8 years. Crazy. Josh and Erika 6. They took us to Downtown Denver for the night. I cannot thank Erika's mom enough for watching all four kids overnight, so we could enjoy a night out. How awesome is that? Josh got us a hotel room and we went to see White Christmas. It was so fun. We went out to a great dinner at this great restuarant called Vesta. Who knew I would like duck, or buffalo. Sorry Josh, your venison, I just couldn't get into it! We also did some walking in the very freezing Denver Cold. (I am sure that helped speed up the INFLUENZA I had the next day)!

The next day, as I said, I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe and tried my hardest not to cough up a lung. I felt like some one had beat me to near death. Apparently this is the flu . . . no . . . not a stomach virus. The real flu. Dang. It was awful. Pretty much took me out for the rest of the trip. I guess it just wouldn't be right if I didn't get severely ill when we were together. ( I will spare you the details of the summertime when Josh and Erika came and I laid on the floor dying for three days.) Needless to say, I was not much of a party animal on New Years Eve, Although I would have to say, it was still a really fun Pajama party. There are a lot of really fun people who live around Josh and Erika.

New Years Day we headed home and I have been recovering for the last week, of course there has been a lot of feeling sorry for myself involved. I do really well at that! I would never wish the flu on anyone. Maybe next year I will go ahead and get the flu shot I neglected to get this year!

Thank you Saunders for the amazing time. Thank you MoMo and Pappy for all you did for us. We love you guys. We can't wait for our next Denver Trip!
Here are just a few pictures from the trip.
Warning!!!! Libbie is not a cute pregnant chick. (Very chubby, bloated and swollen.)













15 comments:

Shauna said...

WOW. Now that is what I call a pretty amazing vacation. Maybe I will go to Colorado next year. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your cute family.

My Many Coloured Days said...

You did a LOT! And that table setting IS AMAZING! What fun. You are cute, by the way, where do you think your little cuties get it from! Enjoy the PJs.

Resolute said...

whatever--you're so cute pregnant! sounds like an amazing trip. glad you could do it before your big day!! when are you due?

Resolute said...

oops, I'm not micah. it's cheryl

sjmiller said...

You are VERY cute pregnant!!

Sorry you were so sick, you can't tell by the pictures!

Looks like an amazing vacation! That table is beautiful!!

How fun!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Libby is a cute pregnant mama! Looks like that was an awesome party all around! The snow looked like fun too.

laura said...

What a fun way to spend the holidays. Sorry to hear you were so sick- but, it's just not Christmas if someones not puking. I love people who can think of everything and pay attention to the finer details(the table setting)- something I'm going to start trying. It makes such a difference.

Unknown said...

Wow snow! I wish we got some of that here! Looks like fun! Glad to have you back.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Damon's a little more bloated than you Lib. Snow would be nice on Christmas though. Not that you can expect it to snow all that much in the desert. Glad you guys had a blast. Hope you enjoy your Glenn Beck book.

My Three Sons said...

SO DARN FUN! I wish we had had a white Christmas. Sorry about the influenza. I had it last year and I thought I would literally die. Glad you had fun but I'm gladder to have you back :)Also, I LOVE the pic of Ava in front of the tree....how sweet!

Anonymous said...

mitchell-

why you gotta bring a man down??? It's all good. Libbie does look way hotter than I do with a big belly.

-D

MSB said...

Libbie... Randy and Jennifer are looking at photographers for their wedding... does your dad still do weddings or does Damon do weddings... email me some info:
mslinhoff@hotmail.com

The Dean Family said...

what a wonderful holiday you had! you look fantastic..i love your little baby bump!!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I also loved seeing you prego and you look so cute. I loved the table setting too.

Kim said...

I want to be a better gift giver too. I HATE asking people what they want. My was a great gift giver this year. She bought something for me before I even knew that I wanted it. Glad Christmas was so good for you. Sorry you were sick.:(