Sunday, January 20, 2008

Random

*I just wanted to say Hip Hip Hooray to TK and Rachel, my favorite couple who won on the Amazing Race tonight. (Just one of my guilty pleasures . . . reality tv.) I just loved those two. So calm and never a mean word out of either of their mouths. Thats the way to do it. They deserved the million bucks.

*I don't really follow whats going on with this whole "writers strike" thing. All I know is that it is affecting this one huge passion I have in life . . . . The Office. Yes, the reruns are still funny, but COME ON . . . . lets get this whole thing over with. Do they not know how I am suffering over here! People . . . Just work it out!

*Edyn rescued from the garbage a set of Tupperware drawers when we moved. She treasures them. No joke. All her most precious stuff is in there, you know the really important things, like old stickers, hair things, loose change that she manages to steal from someone before I can get to it. I bought some hair things for me the other day and put them in with hers. The other night, as we were snuggling, she whispered ever so sincerely in my ear . . . "Mom, I noticed that you put some of your things in the middle drawer of my special drawers. I am going to need you to take it out." Sorry Edyn. I don't want to step on any toes or anything . . . .

*Six weeks to go . . . but who's counting? Certainly not me. I am MISERABLE! I changed my mind about loving being pregnant. I think being an old lady might have something to do with it. I am not sure how my mom had her last baby when she was 43! This 30 year old body can barely handle it. I am pretty sure everyone is getting sick of my complaining too. It appears as though Damon is not even going to get a chance to have a boy! I AM DONE FOR! (Okay, I say that now, but I know the moment I see this little princess, I will be so in love, I will do it again . . .. MAYBE . . . . just one more time)!

12 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

First of all, I was fine with TK and Rachel winning...you're right they were so kind to eachother and others and always calm, definately deserving of the prize.
Second, yes, we need more of The Office here too! Visit my blog today to see how Donald and I have decided to fill our TV time since hollywood is being so darn stubborn.
Third, I used to love being pregnant too....but that 3rd time was MISERABLE. Hang in there - you'll make it, and yes, melt when you see her daring face.

Kim said...

*The drawer thing cracks me up.

*We got rid of television but I do miss the Office terribly. I think we'll buy or rent the seasons and watch them for movie nights.

*30 and pregnant is a difficult one. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought so. I especially loved riding in the "go-carts" at the store so I could get around without experiencing the lovely pains that come with full-term pregnancy. Its all a miracle and I do love it but it is one of the hardest things I've ever done, I think its perfectly fine to complain!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Libbie! I totally hear you about the Office. I am dying! Mary Brunson got me to watch the first season and I have been hooked ever since. The reruns really aren't cutting it right now, though.

p.s. Edyn sounds hilarious. I love when kids have such big personalities!

laura said...

The Office is close to losing me as a fan. Friday Night Lights just slid into "my favorite show" slot. Can't get enough Tim Riggins.
Edyn is hilarious. Davin has his own special set of plastic drawers- filled with all kinds of junk. They should get together.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Be careful what you say. I whined and complained and counted down and delivered two weeks late! Good luck.

The Dean Family said...

libbie..the drawer story made me laugh..i'm constantly tossing away ella's old stuff in the trash and i have to be careful about taking the trash out..there's been so many times she can see her things through the trash bags and she wants to get them out:)

My Three Sons said...

I am SICK AND TIRED of no Office, too. Can't deal with another week of no Office. Vern and I have re watched all the seasons thrice, I am sure, so we can't be pacified with re-runs anymore. Amazing Race? We never watch it, but I guess we should. Edyn is a hilarious gal. I love it when little ones get posessive with their stuff and are oh-so grown up!! Cute! And....you're almost there. You look great, anyway, right, so what else matters :)

Dana and ohana said...

the ladies have "special drawers" as well and I am not even allowed to touch them. Stinkers! I am sure they are full of crap but I guess I'll never know.

I can't wait to see this new lady of yours.

Mary Perkins said...

Oh Libbie - I feel for you with the last few weeks of pregnancy. I barely made it to 36 weeks with Joseph and I remember being downright miserable. Hang in there!!!

Kristen said...

I know you feel bad about the Office.. but the paper industry will survive. Think of all the people dying in the greater Seattle area because no one is writing scripts for the talented surgeons of Grey's Anatomy!!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

I love the Amazing Race too, I really want to go on it but need a partner who could do the disgusting eating challenges, (weak stomach). I really like TK and Rachel too, I thought the Gradpa/Grandson team was weak, what is up with letting Grandpa do ALL of the challenges! Was I the only one who noticed that?

By the way I'm coming on up to Washington this summer so I'll get to see your new bundle of joy and you can see my new little girl in the flesh. And, complain away too, it's an unwritten rule that in the third trimester you get to complain all you want.

Lesley said...

I am so jealous of you right now Libbie! 6 weeks?!!! you are so lucky! I am not a good pregnant woman and at least you're good and don't start complaining until your 3rd trimester whereas I was complaining in my first! I am so excited for you guys but am sad that you are moving out of the 15th ward! I can't wait to see this cute new bundle!