Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Q


I never expected something like this to happen to our family. Not like this anyway . . . . losing a loved one, so tragically, and at such a young age.  I am still having a hard time believing McQuen is not on this earth with us anymore.

The last week and a half I have felt so much grief over losing a nephew, and heartbreak for my sister and her family for losing a son and a brother. I am positive that there are many sad times ahead for all of us who lost such a wonderful young man, but I have also felt peace in knowing that this life is not the end. I know that McQuen is in a wonderful place. I know that we will see him again.

While we are all trying to make sense of his death, it has really got me thinking about what is most important in life. I believe that is relationships. I need to spend my time and and energy being kind, giving more hugs, saying I love you, saying I'm sorry, being an example, serving others, laughing harder, not taking offense, creating memories, taking more pictures, making more phone calls, having more fun, and just plain enjoying life, because you just never what day might be your last.

I love you Q!

What an honor it is to be an Auntie to such a wonderful young man who brought so much joy to his family and friends.  


I hesitated sharing such precious photos of his funeral, but it was such a beautiful service and brought so much peace.  I have never met anyone more excited to serve their country than McQuen. I am so grateful that he got to fulfill his dream of becoming a United States Marine, if only for a short time.  I can't thank the Marines enough for the wonderful job they have done helping my sister and her family during this very difficult time, planning his services, showing so much compassion and being so kind and considerate.  Just another reason to love this great country and the brave men and women who serve so selflessly.   




God Bless the Patriot Guard! Wonderful Men and Women who I admire so much.