Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Festivities 2009

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love food. I love family. I love relaxing (so rare for me). This year was very relaxing. So much so . . . . . that not one swear word left my mouth. I know, I know. . . . . . a Thanksgiving miracle.

We spent the morning watching Damon at the Turkey Bowl. He was the QB for his team, and only informed me about 20 times that day that he threw 9 touchdown passes. I am 100% positive I will be hearing of this until next years Turkey Bowl. He doesn't dwell on football or anything.

I am becoming quite domestic in my old age. I can whip up a mean Thanksgiving dinner. We had a quiet little one at home with Mamie, Marty, and kids. We are shacked up with them, so obviously it was meant to be (after turning down the numerous offers from other family members, we decided to go it alone). It was a blast. We hung out, and watched The Toots pick her nose, made fun of Damon for wearing his football jersey all day long (did you know he threw 9 touchdown passes?) gorged ourselves, and took a long afternoon nap. Later on, I took myself, my big girl Edyn, and Lauren to meet my SIL Charee (she rocks) and BIL Dustin (he's not too shabby either) to see "The Blind Side." It was such a good movie. A must see. And THAT I am grateful for, as I had to make up for wasting two and a half hours of my life watching "New Moon" the previous week.



And . . . . . to kick off the Holiday Season . . . . . a special gift from me to you.

You're welcome.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. apparently no one else is impressed by my turkey bowl numbers...not even one reply.

Brooke said...

Looks like you had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday weekend with family. I need to add Blindside to my movie list, you're the 5th person in a couple of days who has highly recommended it.

I'm also going to comment on your facebook status about the crappy reporter who changed your words- that sucks! Are you going to write a letter to the editor about it? My mom was interviewed for something different (decorating) and the article was in the paper on Black Friday. That reporter also changed some of her words around and misreported some things, which bother her a little. You'd think chalking it up to small town reporting would be enough, but I not in your case- sounds like you were definitely a victim of liberal media crap. I'm sorry.

And only so Damon doesn't feel left out... WOW 9 touchdown passes. Amazing! Where do you go from there? People will be expecting the same or better next year, don't let them down! :)

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

Good job Damon. If you would have come to the prison and played with me, you probably would have had even better stats!!

Lib-it was my pleasure camping out and spending quailty Meghan, Libbie, Mamie, Chase, Kim (that's her name right?), Maggie, and Maggie's husband time.

Our new friend Ms. Sarah Palin is indeed a classy broad and I don't care what anyone else says. I SUPPORT HER!!!!!!!

Love ya

Amberly said...

This post just kept topping itself. Your thanksgiving report was making me think of my Jason and how he would be reminding me of his glory (football or otherwise). Your Sarah Palin report - fabulous. I can't believe you waited 17 hours. But I love it. And then, the amazing holiday 'glamor shot' is something else. Last night Jason saw your picture on facebook and said, "What the heck is Libbie wearing?" Thanks for making me giggle this morning.

Kim said...

Sounds like good times!!! Its good to have you back.

Heidi D said...

Wow Damon, that's really impressive. You win Thanksgiving. :)

17 hours!?! Crazy and BRRRRRR!

Your dinner looks really yummy too. I didn't get enough turkey this year. I'm thinking of cooking another one.

David said...

you got to meet sarah? That is awesome!! Where was the event? I hope she runs and wins next time around. Huckabee is finished, put a fork in him. Romney is a phony, in my opinion. But sarah is great!

oh, and how many touchdown passes did damon throw again? ;)

StaceyOstler said...

can you email me your home address to stacey@ostlerinc.com Thanks

I saw you working at your store this morning but I was looking TOOOOO fabulous to come in for a visit. Sorry :)

Kristen said...

Bring. On. Christmas.

(I want you're sweater. You're so hot.)

The Dean Family said...

libbie..you look so H to the O to the T HOT in that christmas sweater..i loved your post below.it brought tears to my eyes..i just love reading stories about the good people there are in the world..i really believe that..i'm wishing the best for you and your family this holiday season and i really commend you for quitting your old job and venturing out together as a couple!! best of luck!