Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lots of Stuff

A Sprinkle
Last weekend, I flew to Denver (thank you so much Denise) to surprise my Erika for her Sprinkle. What is a Sprinkle? Its a very light baby shower . . . . . Let me just tell you . . . . AMAZING. Erika's mom Denise is the ULTIMATE party thrower. I of course had to take pictures, because the parties I throw include paper plates and plastic cups, so I continue to be completely amazed at the functions that these Hammond Ladies throw. And once again, I had to ask which fork I was supposed to use! I swear, every time I go to Denver, I come back a little more refined! This trip I was also reminded how glad I am to not be pregnant. Sorry Erika! Only about 5 more weeks to go. Hang in there!




BTW, I took Lila with me cause she is "still on the tit." (Please tell me you have seen Sweet Home Alabama . . . "you have a baby . . . . in a bar . . . . ") I was so worried about the plane ride. Lila has not been the easiest baby I have had. The way there, she was perfect. The way home, NOT SO MUCH. Lets just say that she screamed the first hour and a half of a two hour plane ride. (a mixture of being tired, constipated, teething, the air pressure) I counted how many people were on the plane, because I needed to know exactly how many people hated my guts. 104, Oh, except for the two who were actually nice to me and offered me help. The other 102 people graced me with glares and looks of disgust. I can't tell you how many times I mouthed the words "I am so sorry," to complete strangers who wanted to kill me and my baby. After about 10 minutes in the air, I was completely pitting out, because I was a nervous wreck, I decided that I would just camp out in the bathroom, seeing as how I was in the very back row, this made if very convenient for me to duck in and out when other people actually needed to use it (you know I am completely desperate if I am camping out in a germ filled bathroom). I finally got her to sleep. Luckily the dirty looks stopped after that.

NOTE TO SELF: WEAN LILA, AND LEAVE HER HOME NEXT TIME.

Two Nibbles
I was at work the other night, and Damon was with the girls. This little cutie was over playing with Edyn. This is the conversation Damon told me they had.

J: Wow! Look at Lila's teeth. She has two!!

E: Yeah, She does, and they are VERY sharp. I know this because she bites my mom's nibbles.

J: What are nibbles? OOOOHHHHHH....... I know . . . . .they are those two things that poke out from my mom's (whispering the next word so Damon wouldn't hear) boobs.

I could not stop laughing. And then, as I was talking to J's mom about this, she told me that our two little girls actually call theirs "niblets" because they are much smaller than their moms.
(Sorry, no pictures on this one. This is not that kind of blog!)

PHANTOM
We went last night. A bunch of us. I went in high school, and apparently I forgot the story, cause I was clueless for much of the performance . . . or maybe I was just really tired. Probably BOTH! I was wishing Erika was sitting right beside me so she could have given me the play by play. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the music and a night out with some awesome ladies.


A Sad Goodbye
The good news is that Uncle Phil came from New Zealand last Tuesday. The bad news is this means Tanisha is going home with him tomorrow (Monday). BUMMER. I just love them and New Zealand is just so far away. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will move back to the USA sometime in the next few years. We had a little dinner at my house tonight to say goodbye. I totally used paper plates and cups!

Nice harry "NIBBLE" Tione . . . .


CELINE DION FANATICS

Its no secret that I am a die hard Celine Dion fan. And I am not even a fifty year old lady . . . YET! Seriously. I once sat and watched the DVD of her "New Day" show (which I was lucky enough to get to see in Vegas) for approximately 8 hours one day. All the behind the scenes, EVERYTHING. Since then, I have watched it several more times. It SO GOOD!

So it shouldn't surprise you then, that my girls are also Celine Dion fans . . . . as they have no choice but to be (they call her Celine Dionce . . . pronounced like "Beyonce"). Damon's mom got me her new album "Taking Chances" last Christmas, and its one of our all time favorites.
The other night, Uncle Tyson and Auntie Tsveti were over and Ava gave them a Celine Dionce Concert. Enjoy!



Apparently she DID NOT inherit my stage fright!

20 comments:

JoAnna Anderson said...

I am pretty sure that YOU are the one with the cutest kids in the world. That video is priceless! You are looking great by the way! Those baby shower pics are great.

The Yancey Family said...

Wow, busy times for the Fairchild fam! I was laughing so hard about the "still on the tit" thing! I am going to start saying that about Lailie! And the nibbles thing...love that story!

I also love Ava's video, she is such a silly silly girl!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Awesome video!

laura said...

I LOVE that video! She's really got some pipes.
I also love hearing horrible plane ride stories. I am comforted by your pain. Whenever I have one of "those" flights, I just think- This is only two hours of your life people. Soon enough, you'll be off the plane, and we'll be forgotten. I used to care- now I don't.

The Dean Family said...

great post! ava is darling! and i remember natisha from byu-h! that is sad that she's leaving again...that baby shower looks beautiful! that's so fun that you got to go!!

Erika said...

Thanks for coming out, I am so sorry about the plane ride. Ava is a crack up, send her to me please! I love her!

Emily Kern said...

While I loved the song, I still can't figure out what song it is! She is so funny. Busy times...Once when Meghan and I had the twins on the way home from San Diego, our plane was delayed a few minutes so they held out plane in Phoenix..i know! for pitiful us!...you should have seen the faces of those people as we got in with 2 fussy babies, it was CRAZY. Great baby shower!

The Donald said...

Oh my goodness. That video is an instant classic. Thank you for the laugh this morning, I needed it!

We have never had a problem with children on a plane thankfully. But I have seen parents who have. Hopefully it wasn't too bad of an experience.

Still on the tit. Hilarious!

SuzanSayz said...

That scene in Sweet Home Alabama has always cracked me up.
I'm always facinated by people who really do the party thing up right. I'm afraid I will always be a paper plate and disposable cup girl, but I'm more than willing to let other people treat me to a little bit of the high life.
The video of Ava was great. Alexandra has definitly got some fierce competition!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Amazing shower! Wow, that's a lot of work. And I must tell you how PRETTY you are. Truly.

My Three Sons said...

Wow, Ava is a little songbird :) and has the stage presence to go along with it! You look so pretty in your photo with Erica and I still can't believe you didn't like Phantom, crazy cat.

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

I am in love with your little Celine!!! Good times and I miss Nish!

Lesley said...

You look great Libbie!!! You look so pretty!! What a fantastic shower! WOW!!! She goes all out! Your little Celine is adorable! I was cracking up at that video! I am so excited, I get to go see Celine on Saturday night with some friends! WHoo-hooo! :) Fun times!

Lydia said...

It's great to see what you're up to, Libbie. That baby shower-or drizzle, was very impressive. How fun for you to fly to Denver, but sorry about your plane ride back. You're so nice to mouth, "I'm sorry" to strangers. I've had a few flights like that, and those glares are not fun.

Cute niblet story. Seriously, that cracked me up. Kids say the cutest things, and I always wish I had a video camera to film their conversations. I'll have to remember to post it next time I hear something funny.

Jessica said...

Hi Libbie! Do you remember me? Jessica Draney (now Corbaley) I've been stalking your blog for a while and decided I needed to leave a comment finally. I love your blog--it's so fun to read--you are hilarious! Plus it's fun to hear what kind of a dad & husband Damon turned out to be! Tell him hi for me. Email me if you want an invite to my blog. jessicacorbaley@yahoo.com

Melanie Cain said...

Libbie, I have been typing my moms journal and came across this entry:
August 13, 2000- Sunday
Kent, Melanie and Bob and I went to 2nd Ward (our ward) today. Libbie and Damon Fairchild spoke in Sacrament. One of the best we have heard! Libbie Chose well! (I thought you would like that)

Reil family said...

That is pretty fancy party; I am happy you had a good time. Also we enjoyed the live performance from Ava so much, she is so funny.

elements: overexposed said...

Looks like some fun times! Beautiful baby shower/sprinkle, and I love the video of your little one singing your brains out. So cute!

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

I just shared Ava's concert with mom and Gracie...LOVED IT! That's all, what a cutie patootie!!!!

Amy said...

I need to read your blog everyday because it just simply puts a smile on my face. You look like you have so much fun and the Celine Dion concert that your little one gave was awesome!!