Tuesday, June 3, 2008

D-Day

Okay, I don't usually advocate for divorce, but in this case it was a MUST. Soooooooooooo. . . . . that is what the big time girls night was for. A Celebration! I wasn't sure if I should post about it, in case I offended someone, but then I remembered that I am always offending people, so it wouldn't be anything different. It was a huge success. Like I said, lots of grub, lots of laughs, and lots of lovely ladies (and a few guys who were very, very brave)!

Anyway, I am so glad that my Meggers decided that she wasn't into abuse and had the nerve to leave . . . . So HAPPY D-DAY to you my SEXY SINGLE sister. And may your next husband be a REAL MAN.

Sorry about the picture overload. I didn't even get pictures of everyone who was there, or there would be lots more. I don't know how to do those slide show things, so one of you super bloggers out there will have to show me someday.


Yes, this is the top of her wedding cake!

LOVE all these ladies!


I just had to do it Nan . . . for Meeeeeeyatch's viewing pleasure!

More ladies


Thanks for the free divorce . . . Mariah, great friend and great LAWYER.


Bekie talking story
Karaoke Madness


13 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

What a GREAT reason to have a party! Not offended at all. Good for your sister, getting rid of a dumb husband.
Sorry I missed the fun.

Emily Kern said...

Oh, I was celebrating right along with you, but I'm sure my solo party was not quite so much fun! I am so glad Meghan (and the rest of us) are all done with that jack---. Maybe we could look into deportation now.

My Three Sons said...

What a La-Hoo-Sa-Her I am for not coming. I had quite a night and Vern didn't get home until late (I know we've already covered all of that!) But I wish I had been there. All happiness and luck to one of my favorite single gals, MEG!!! We can always hook you up with one of my cute, single, available brothers if in the future you should so desire :)

My Three Sons said...

p.s. when are you going to post pictures of our velcro bounce arena jump suits in action??? Let me preview them first :)

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Yummmmmyyyyyy!

Anonymous said...

I second all that was blogged! I had a fantastic time. Thank you so much for throwing it for me! NO MORE LOSERS...HAVE TO HAVE SISTER'S APPROVAL...CHECK, CHECK! :) I love you!

AAhhhhhhh....

Anonymous said...

That's so hard! Awesome that she has such a great support group. As with the rest of the Reil girls she is beautiful. You look beautiful too, I love your haircut. I am in desperate need of one. Thanks for your comment about getting together at the park; too bad our trip was so short. Okay, gotta run. Good job being such a great sister though! Love, K

Mary Perkins said...

I am so proud of Meghan for being such a strong woman. Best of luck with finding a good, strong and of course hot man in the future!

Lisa Christine said...

OK, the last picture was the greatest of all. i need to see you karaoke sometime. Looks like quite the show. Sorry I missed the fun....maybe next time :)

Reil family said...

I had so much fun at the party I was so happy to see all of you again and to hang out with you, I love my sister-in-laws. Congratulations for Meghan even though I wish she didn’t have to go through that.

The Dean Family said...

that looks like the funnest time ever! and congrats to your sister! i wish her the best...i'm all for divorce if someone is in that situation:)...i can tell your a good sista libbie:)

The Yancey Family said...

Good times! I personally believe that my version of "Girls just wanna have fun" riveled that of Miss Cindy Lauper herself. I amaze myself sometimes.

Amy said...

Wow! Looks like you guys have been having fun, from memorial day to Carrie Underwood to your crazy d-day party, I now know I am living a half fulfilled life. Thanks for ruining it for me! :)